Madden 20

Cheesehawk

What pisses me off is the people who complain about EA and all their microtransactions then go on to talk about how much they wish 2K could make a football game again...

...umm what? Clearly they haven't played the 2K basketball games because those are just as bad... Hell probably even worse than Madden when it comes to getting people to pour money into the game.

Everytime you create a myplayer it's either spend countless hours grinding him just to be remotely worth a damn or take the shortcut and spend about 50 bucks to get him to 85 ovr... Oh wait it turns out you made a mistake and don't like that particular build? Better be ready to spend another 50 bucks...

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

What pisses me off is the people who complain about EA and all their microtransactions then go on to talk about how much they wish 2K could make a football game again...

...umm what? Clearly they haven't played the 2K basketball games because those are just as bad... Hell probably even worse than Madden when it comes to getting people to pour money into the game.

Everytime you create a myplayer it's either spend countless hours grinding him just to be remotely worth a damn or take the shortcut and spend about 50 bucks to get him to 85 ovr... Oh wait it turns out you made a mistake and don't like that particular build? Better be ready to spend another 50 bucks...

100%.  Most people who talk about 2K making a football game don't actually play NBA 2K.  They're just football fans and they're living in pure nostalgia.  Yes, ESPN 2K Football was a good game, but so was Madden 05.  That was so long ago, it's not even relevant to today.  Most people do that with old games, though. 

But yea, you're 100% right.  2K is a greedy money grubbing company that constantly lies to it's consumers.  They push the same modes that involve micro-transactions (MyPlayer and MyTeam) and the rest of the game is pretty meh and honestly not even fun.

3 hours ago, showtime said:

100%.  Most people who talk about 2K making a football game don't actually play NBA 2K.  They're just football fans and they're living in pure nostalgia.  Yes, ESPN 2K Football was a good game, but so was Madden 05.  That was so long ago, it's not even relevant to today.  Most people do that with old games, though. 

But yea, you're 100% right.  2K is a greedy money grubbing company that constantly lies to it's consumers.  They push the same modes that involve micro-transactions (MyPlayer and MyTeam) and the rest of the game is pretty meh and honestly not even fun.

And the sad part is I'm one of those suckers that falls for it...I bought 2K19 when it was on sale for 3 bucks... And yet I still managed to spend over $100 on that damn game😡

6 hours ago, showtime said:

I agree, for the most part, but I wouldn't go as far as the bolded, at all.  2K has been the standard for franchise modes (MyGM, but especially MyLeague).  The depth of their franchise modes blow Madden and the Show out of the water.   I'm almost exclusively a franchise mode gamer, and 2K is far and away my favorite sport sim.

Edited by jyod21
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

The difference is 2K's basketball game is FAR better than EA's football game.

Yea the microtransactions suck, but at least 2K tries to give a good product with a lot of content.  Madden puts no effort into any of their modes.  MyGM for example has wayyyyyyyyyyy more detail than any franchise mode from EA I can remember

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

I don't think it's so much that people want 2K to make a game as much as it is most people just want an alternative to Madden. And I don't mean some unlicensed, mediocre effort like all pro 2K 8 or Backbreaker... I'm talkin fully license NFL games. Let's face it, if you took the NFL license away from EA, Madden wouldn't sell.

You are right... 2K is just as bad as EA when it comes to microtransactions, but I'd still love for them to make another NFL game, if only to stick it to EA and make them actually have to put some effort into the game. And if it wasn't 2K, I wouldn't mind seeing another developer make an NFL game either.

8 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Except 2k recognizes the frustration and is trying to fix it.  EA doesn't give a crap.  

https://www.gameinformer.com/preview/2019/08/21/visual-concepts-promises-to-ease-the-grind-in-mycareer 

Player development in previous NBA 2K games was a bit of a guessing game because you never knew how your player would top out and what they would feel like at their apex until you put in the hundreds of hours to get there. The new MyPlayer builder feature (which you can check out yourself today) gives you unprecedented control over your baller, allowing you to tweak their base values, choose their takeover, and set their potential cap for each major skill. The flexible system provides over 100 different archetypes to peruse, and once you've carved the outline for your player, you can actually test them out. Before you take them on the court, you can select the overall rating you want to try them out at and then assign your preferred badges from the giant list of options. NBA 2K20's revamped badge system breaks them down across four categories – finishing, shooting, playmaking, and defense/rebounding. Many favorites return, but the game also introduces 50 new ones. Bishop says you can save up to 10 archetypes, and once you start a career with a particular archetype you can clear out that build, giving you plenty of room to lab new builds and keep your favorites.

4 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

And the sad part is I'm one of those suckers that falls for it...I bought 2K19 when it was on sale for 3 bucks... And yet I still managed to spend over $100 on that damn game😡

It's fine if you enjoy playing the game.  If you play 2K19 and enjoy playing it, then spend the money.

• Like 1

Did the franchise QB thing for a season, it was fun for a bit. Last night did a fantasy draft, want to play 1 out of every 4 games and sim until final rosters get set and then I can do a Titans franchise.

But in my fantasy draft I ended up with both Khalil Mack and Von Miller... that should be fun.

• Like 2

On 8/28/2019 at 8:06 AM, holt_bruce81 said:

Anyone want to start a 2-4 team online franchise? I don't know how much time I can put into it but just seeing if there's any interest. For PS4 

I'd be down potentially. Don't have online access yet but I'm willing to pick that up. Only thing is I am out of town next weekend for a wedding.