All things Antonio Brown: from Helmet to Feet

Silver&Black88

48 minutes ago, Nodisrespect said:

AB is a 🤡 the coach is 🤡 too. Props to Mayock for standing up to the bullcrap!

The coach isn't a clown. They are playing good cop bad cop. Its Grudens job to get the best out of the guys he has. That means sometimes bending to keep elite guys performing. Mayocks job is personal based. They are doing there jobs. If AB comes back, you want him to still be in good with Gruden so we get performance for our money. Big IF...

1 minute ago, NightTrainLane said:

The coach isn't a clown. They are playing good cop bad cop. Its Grudens job to get the best out of the guys he has. That means sometimes bending to keep elite guys performing. Mayocks job is personal based. They are doing there jobs. If AB comes back, you want him to still be in good with Gruden so we get performance for our money. Big IF...

I think you meant 'personnel' based.   Don't see Mayock as the caring guy.  :)

16 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

This my take too. Except Mayock screwed this up.  If you didn't want any possible drama that AB brings then you shouldn't have traded for him.  

Once here and silly drama ensued, then they should have left it at supporting him and riding it out.  By playing bad cop and fining him they set him off. 

I'm not saying I like what AB does, but if you know this is who he is and you want his production, then maybe go about it a different way.

1 minute ago, true2form said:

This my take too. Except Mayock screwed this up.  If you didn't want any possible drama that AB brings then you shouldn't have traded for him.  

Once here and silly drama ensued, then they should have left it at supporting him and riding it out.  By playing bad cop and fining him they set him off. 

I'm not saying I like what AB does, but if you know this is who he is and you want his production, then maybe go about it a different way.

From what i've read for the last month, AB wouldn't be a Raider if it was only Mayock's call.

When AB started to act up, they tried different things to deal with him. The fines were more for legal reasons than anything else. They were just pieces to add to their file in case they needed to void his contract at some point. They've reached that point.

There's no right way to deal with the AB we're seeing today. You either let him do whatever he wants or he gets mad. I'm wondering if he is doing it just to be able to sign with another team.

• Like 1

Just now, Rich7sena said:

This is a very bad situation. If I'm Mayock and Gruden, I'm giving Brown an ultimatum: either he issues a public apology and affirms his commitment to the team; or the team suspends him, voids his $30 million, and releases him.

Public apology won't do a damn thing unfortunately. He's always going to be a screw up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roi34 said:

Should of got Odell at this point

Should've just brought Crabtree back and drafted a deep threat WR, knowing full well a rookie probably would have been fine given that Carr doesn't go super deep all that often. 

I have a ton of respect for the Steelers in regards to not catering to drama queens (admittedly overlooking Big Ben's younger years). When a team is clearly willing to let on field talent like Brown and Bell go, that should tell sane, rational people more than enough. 

Gruden's trades have been abysmal. The Mack situation was a laughing stock. We haven't attracted any "name" free agents. Our last 2 drafts have been enough to keep us in neutral at best, since we've basically been stuck drafting hopeful replacements for solid to great players we let go. And the Steelers are probably loving our picks for 2 WRs who won't contribute jack to the team and who Pittsburgh weren't bringing back in the first place. 

Every year since RM first came in, the offseason has been "oh look at all of our draft picks and ALL THAT CAP SPACE". 

Props to Mayock for not taking ish, but, man this is just turning into such a clown show it's almost nauseating. I love our team to death, but man they make it difficult lol 

• Like 1

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/0ap3000001051164/Acosta-Raiders-teammates-thought-A-B-was-out-of-line

🤔teammates don’t approve got get him outa here asap if you kiss ab butt after this mike may and Jon g lose a ton of power. Get rid of him and that makes a huge statement about how the raiders will be now going forward 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Public apology won't do a damn thing unfortunately. He's always going to be a screw up.

I think the goal should still be to keep him on the team. A public apology will at least give the appearance of institutional control both outwardly (to the media and fanbase) and internally, while still keeping him on the roster. Ultimately, Antonio Brown is still far and away the best player on this team and key to the team's success this year.