Andrew Luck informs Colts he plans to retire

tab

1 minute ago, sherm said:

His teammates now I agree that's different. They see him everyday and talk to him. If he's giving the get ready for wk 1 attitude thats wrong. They have the right to be pissed at him

Fans spend money on tickets, merchandise, etc.  The league would not exist without fans.  Colts fans have a right to be pissed, too.  Like I said, everyone can understand why Luck did what he did, but these type of decisions in this type of profession impact so many people.  Also, it's not even really the fact that he's retiring, I don't think.  It's the fact he did it a week and a half before the season starts that is probably angering people the most.

2 minutes ago, Starless said:

It really does seem like you need to be at least somewhat insane to succeed as an NFL QB for a prolonged period. Luck seems like a grounded and rational human being who would rather spend time living his life than obsessing monomaniacally over game film and his throwing technique.

Completely agree. It takes a rare breed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Riftty said:

I'm guessing he had a season ending injury with his calf. That can be the only reason this is happening. I could see that being soul crushing...

Must’ve sustained a long term injury during camp. He’s not gonna leave the Colts hanging a week before the season. That’s a lame move any way you wanna slice it. You make that decision in Feb-Apr. Not August. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Imagine booing a human being like Andrew Luck, much less a human being like him that's also done so much for your franchise. Completely classless.

He'll be fine. He made his life better and the fans lives worse (assuming they get some pleasure from the Colts winning). He can take a few boos for it.

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

With Blake Bortles gone, it's now certain that Mariota is the worst QB in the division.

Watson - Foles - Tannehill - Brissett - Henne - McCarron - Mariota.

That's pretty much written in stone...the Titans are a 13-3 team that Mariota manages down to a 9-7 record.

BOB rubbing off on you dawg.

I don’t understand the heat of the moment. It’s not like he got a mic in stadium and announced he’s retiring. Nope. They’ve had a enough time to process the news to not boo. He didn’t request a trade or anything. If youre able to process that he’s retiring and its put your team in a hole then by that same token you should able to process that he’s doing it for his well-being and it’s not an easy decision.

it his decision at the end of the day. It’s not an easy one. You can be upset but not boo him. Upset at the situation but no justification at being upset at him.