Tunsil, Stills traded to Houston

minutemancl

Just now, Emerica said:

Ok ? Where did I argue that? All I’m saying is Tunsil is a great LT that will most likely continue improving. I even said it was an overpayment in my post. Lol

great is pushing it.  i can get aboard if you said he is "good" but what the texans traded for him he needs to be better than "good".

22 minutes ago, ET80 said:

If you look at the moves in conjunction, then you can absolutely make the argument you're making.

I'm looking at this from a needs perspective. The Texans needed a young LT and got a young LT. 

I'm aware. And the Texans will be very good this year. But at what cost to the future.

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

That's my guess.  Very smart long-term move IMO.  They, more than almost any other team, have seen the benefits of having a franchise QB for 15+ years, being in the same division as Brady.  I would be willing to sacrifice an average LT for that in a millisecond. 

I don't think anyone is going to trade Lawrence unless a team with a franchise QB gets the #1 pick.... and even then.... Lawrence is going to be in the John Elway/Peyton Manning/Andrew Luck class, as far as being a prospect.  There's no chance Miami gets him unless he's they have the first pick the year he comes out.  I guess they could trade for any other guy, but meh.

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

thats not a guarantee.  texans schedule is brutal.

Given the condition of an Andrew Luck-less AFCS, 9-7 will get the job done. 

Unless you think Nick Foles is going to make something out of that Jax offense, the Texans are firmly in the drivers seat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm aware. And the Texans will be very good this year. But at what cost to the future.

Who cares?  They can still get quality players with their other draft picks.  They just got a young LT who is getting better every year.  It's a huge position of need and he's a young player to protect their franchise QB.  I think this was a good move.

Just now, showtime said:

I don't think anyone is going to trade Lawrence unless a team with a franchise QB gets the #1 pick.... and even then.... Lawrence is going to be in the John Elway/Peyton Manning/Andrew Luck class, as far as being a prospect.  There's no chance Miami gets him unless he's they have the first pick the year he comes out.  I guess they could trade for any other guy, but meh.

The beauty of it is that trading Tunsil does ultimately get them closer to owning that #1 pick.  Win-win IMO.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I really can't answer that question, but with a young QB, LT, WR, LB unit - I'd surmise they'll be competitive at the least.

CB will be the need to monitor going forward. 

• Like 1

Just now, ET80 said:

Given the condition of an Andrew Luck-less AFCS, 9-7 will get the job done. 

Unless you think Nick Foles is going to make something out of that Jax offense, the Texans are firmly in the drivers seat.

we lost to the colts before WITH Brissett. I think the Titans or Jags win the division. Our first 7 games are tough and thats including the game at Indy. 

Just now, showtime said:

Who cares?  They can still get quality players with their other draft picks.  They just got a young LT who is getting better every year.  It's a huge position of need and he's a young player to protect their franchise QB.  I think this was a good move.

Like I said. They've traded away Clowney, 2 1sts, a 2nd, and a 3rd.

Their offense will be stacked this year with the additions of Hyde, Johnson, Tunsil, and Stills.

But they will need to manage the cap well and build/maintain this team without high draft picks. Not an easy ask.

People value draft picks way too much.  Yes, they're valuable and great, but the Texans are more than likely a playoff team.  It'll be mid round picks for what I think is a franchise LT. 

I'm not comparing this kid to Khalil Mack, but it's the same situation.  The Bears got a great freaking player who has helped make them a contender, while the Raiders suck.... but hey they got all those nifty draft picks.

• Like 1

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

we lost to the colts before WITH Brissett.

Seriously? You're bringing up games when Tom Savage was the starter, and JJ Watt/Deshaun Watson were both out for the season? 

C'mon man, you know better than that.

• Like 1