Tunsil, Stills traded to Houston

minutemancl

This was an overpayment, but the Texans are in a position where it makes sense to overpay a bit.  They have a franchise quarterback with a good supporting cast that could win this year.  Their biggest need was to get some protection for their young quarterback.  I bet there are a lot of people in Indianapolis right now who just wish they could go back in time and overpay for some protection for their franchise quarterback.  If you are close to being in win-now mode, how much is too much to solidify your offensive line?  I know it was a big price, but I don't think it was as big of a mistake as a lot of people in this thread are making it out to be.  A good question to all you nay sayers is:  How much is it worth to NOT have to go out and find a new franchise quarterback?  It's at least something to consider.

3 hours ago, Awsi Dooger said:

Kudos to him for doing so. There is plenty of room to be on the correct side of history in this era, while the old simplistic angry males desperately hang onto their Roy Cohn heritage and beliefs.

Anyway, it is smart to be trading with the Texans right now. Don't over think matters. Just keep talking to them and a bargain will arrive. 

There is no such thing as the "correct side of history"😁

• Like 1

Just now, Steelersfan43 said:

The thing that is terrifying to me (for the Dolphins), is that it all hinges on having the franchise quarterback.  Crazy that all those picks come down to that, but kind of true. If they brick out the quarterback selection, then these all mean nothing. 

• Like 1

Only what, 30% of first round picks really hit as impact players. Impact = (atleast 1 probowl within duration if 1st contract) i think Tunsil and Stills would both be worthy of being drafted in the 1st round of upcoming drafts. When assessing the unknown vs proven and established NFL trajectory.

The 2nd rd pick is just a franchise casualty you swallow in the crossfires of trade war. Texans just improved their team on 2 fronts. 

Draft picks are too overvalued, especially when you look at the hit/miss/JAG ratio of early round picks.

Now if the Texans picks turn over to be top 10, that would change my opinion. I dont think they will be. Late 20s i suspect.