Tunsil, Stills traded to Houston

minutemancl

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

we lost to the colts before WITH Brissett. I think the Titans or Jags win the division. Our first 7 games are tough and thats including the game at Indy. 

Marcus Mariota is a bad player and I'm not sold on Nick Foles with the Jags.  I still think Houston is the best team in that division and they BY FAR have the best QB, which is huge.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

People value draft picks way too much.  Yes, they're valuable and great, but the Texans are more than likely a playoff team.  It'll be mid round picks for what I think is a franchise LT. 

I'm not comparing this kid to Khalil Mack, but it's the same situation.  The Bears got a great freaking player who has helped make them a contender, while the Raiders suck.... but hey they got all those nifty draft picks.

in bball i would agree.  in nfl high draft picks are valuable.  thats the number 1 way to build a team for the long haul.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, showtime said:

It'll be mid round picks for what I think is a franchise LT. 

Well this sentence just isn't true.

Even if you grade the Texans' picks in the 24-32 portion for the next 2 years, which is the high end, that's still nowhere near "mid round picks". Those low first round picks with a 5th year option and a fairly minimal guaranteed payday are ridiculously valuable.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

RB is also stacked. Hyde and Johnson is a very good pairing. 

I'm not expecting much from Hyde... but I am from Johnson. 

BOB is not a good coach, but he always managed to get a top half run game out of spare parts at RB. Prior to Lamar Miller, the Texans had the 15th best run offense, with guys like Alfred Blue and Johnathan Grimes as the bellcows.

The Texans will run the ball effectively. Might not know who the RBs are, but they'll get the job done.

8 minutes ago, showtime said:

I don't think anyone is going to trade Lawrence unless a team with a franchise QB gets the #1 pick.... and even then.... Lawrence is going to be in the John Elway/Peyton Manning/Andrew Luck class, as far as being a prospect.  There's no chance Miami gets him unless he's they have the first pick the year he comes out.  I guess they could trade for any other guy, but meh.

If one of Tua, Herbert, Love, or Fromm isn't apart of the plan, the goal then is to build the OL and DL next year and shore up the secondary.

Keep in mind that Miami is loading up on picks in 2021 as well so even if we win 6 or 7 games next year, we can use Houston's 2021 1st and 2nd as trade comp for T Law ^_^

Edited by Ajayii
  • Like 1

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

in bball i would agree.  in nfl high draft picks are valuable.  thats the number 1 way to build a team for the long haul.  

Or you could be like several good teams and make quality picks outside of the first round.  Like I said, draft picks are great, but they're too overvalued.  It's not like the Texans suck and are going to have a top 5 pick.  This is a strong contender for a division winning team.  The first round pick is probably going to be mid-round and they can still make good picks later in the draft.

They took a chance here - they traded for a very promising young LT. 

You have to pay to play.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Go for it, it's good for likes. I'm all about the likes this week.

The way I see it....

If the Texans bomb, you just gave up a ton of high draft capital. late first round picks don't bug me, but if the Texans are bad, the Dolphins are going to reap the benefits big time. 

If you're really good, even not super bowl good, you're probably going to be stuck with BOB even longer. And you know....it's BOB...so yeah. I don't love that. 

I will be rooting for you to win the super bowl when the 49ers are officially eliminated from contention in week 13. 

• Like 1

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If the Dolphins are in a full rebuild mode for the future:

1. Why would you trade for Josh Rosen?

2. Why would you trade away an asset like Laremy Tunsil?

3. Why would you start Ryan Fitzpatrick, whose entire freaking brand is built upon winning like 4 games a year?

None of this makes sense.

1. If Rosen is terrible, you're picking number 1 overall. If Rosen is good, you are still probably picking fairly high and got a franchise QB at a discount.

2. Because you got 3 really high picks for him and a lot of cap space freed up that you don't have to spend. Even if you have to spend one of those picks on a LT to replace him or you have to sign a veteran, you're still coming out ahead long term. That Tunsil would be the best option for 2019 doesn't help the Dolphins at all.

3. I have no idea. The first 2 are justifiable. This one isn't.

9 minutes ago, Ajayii said:

LOL at everyone underestimating Tunsil. He gave up 1 sack in 24 games. He shut down Mack and Clowney in back to back weeks last year. Find five better LT's in the league.

You mean he shut down Mack when he had his ankle rolled up on in the FIRST quarter, and it was injured to the point he missed 2 weeks because of it?

Tunsil is a damn good LT, but you're reaching there. He was still getting help from players chipping Mack before the injury and after he was hobbled he was nothing more than a decoy moving around. No passrusher is going to be worth a damn on one leg. lol