Tunsil, Stills traded to Houston

minutemancl

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I really don't know who you're watching if you're coming to this conclusion. He's improving year over year, which is what you want to see out of a young T...

Those are his CAREER bests. Compared to the rest of the league and PFF numbers, those are C- and D- grades. 

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

to be fair, although those are career bests, where do those rank compared to other starting LT's? It could still very well mean he's average.

11th among Ts. Ahead of Trent Williams and Trent Brown, the only other Ts that were reasonably available.

• Like 1

What's the point of trading Tunsil for a first rounder?  The guy is one of the up and coming LT's in this league.  Is this purely a 'we don't want to pay him when his contract is due' move for the Dolphins?

On a side note, I remember Tunsil kind of sliding a bit in the draft because of some off-field stuff that came out kinda close to the draft.  Really glad to see him stay clean and produce on the field. 

Just now, MD4L said:

The Texans May or May have not set themselves back 5 years in one day of trades.

They better be good this season.

I can agree with this, 100%. Given the compensation for Tunsil, I don't think the Clowney move would be necessary. It isn't like those picks were flipped in the deal. 

It's an all in move, and you don't go all in unless you know you have the best hand on the board - I can't say the Texans are there.

Just now, showtime said:

What's the point of trading Tunsil for a first rounder?  The guy is one of the up and coming LT's in this league.  Is this purely a 'we don't want to pay him when his contract is due' move for the Dolphins?

I think it was more a move to ensure they have all the ammunition they need to get their QBOTF in either 2020 or 2021.

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Those are his CAREER bests. Compared to the rest of the league and PFF numbers, those are C- and D- grades. 

So?  It just matters that he continues to get better, which is what he's doing.  He's still on a rookie deal.  If he plays really well this season, they can sign him to an extension and he can be the LT for the future for him.  He's probably better than a player they could get with that first rounder, considering they're maybe a playoff team.