Tunsil, Stills traded to Houston

minutemancl

1 minute ago, Ajayii said:

LOL at everyone underestimating Tunsil. He gave up 1 sack in 24 games. He shut down Mack and Clowney. Find five better LT's in the league.

How many snaps did he actually play against Mack, lined up at LT?

And shutting down a player who has never gotten double-digit sacks in his career isn't as impressive as you're making it seem.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

So?  It just matters that he continues to get better, which is what he's doing.  He's still on a rookie deal.  If he plays really well this season, they can sign him to an extension and he can be the LT for the future for him.  He's probably better than a player they could get with that first rounder, considering they're maybe a playoff team.

Not likely. The T class is stacked next two years. 

Just now, showtime said:

Who are some of the guys they would be looking at for this?  Is it pretty much just Tua and Lawrence?

That's my guess.  Very smart long-term move IMO.  They, more than almost any other team, have seen the benefits of having a franchise QB for 15+ years, being in the same division as Brady.  I would be willing to sacrifice an average LT for that in a millisecond. 

Just now, showtime said:

Who are some of the guys they would be looking at for this?  Is it pretty much just Tua and Lawrence?

Tua, Lawrence, Fromm, Herbert, Love ? Probably a few others I don’t even know about yet.

Plenty of options coming up in the next few years. We’ll see where it goes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Emerica said:

Tunsil is a top-10 LT just entering his prime.

Obvious overpayment but that doesn’t take anything away from his ability. Some of yall need to lay off the weed

you only trade 2 first rounds and a 2nd rounder for joe thomas and walter jones type players.  

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

How many snaps did he actually play against Mack, lined up at LT?

And shutting down a player who has never gotten double-digit sacks in his career isn't as impressive as you're making it seem.

10 snaps I believe. Even still, Mack got nowhere near the QB or could do anything against the run. And considering how disruptive Clowney is, to completely wash him out is impressive regardless of how many sacks he averages.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I’m actually a big Fisher fan. He scored more than 3 points in a Super Bowl too. 

To be fair, in the modern NFL, if you have 2 weeks to prepare for a game and only score 3 points you're a waste of space and should jump in a lake.

But more relevantly, Fisher signed off on the RG3 trade. Say what you will about the dude, but he accumulated draft picks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

you only trade 2 first rounds and a 2nd rounder for joe thomas and walter jones type players.  

Ok ? Where did I argue that? All I’m saying is Tunsil is a great LT that will most likely continue improving. I even said it was an overpayment in my post. Lol