Tunsil, Stills traded to Houston

minutemancl

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm actually OK with the overpayment. It's an overpayment, I fully agree - but I'm good with it. THE most important thing is protecting Deshaun Watson. You pay, pay, PAY to make sure that happens. 

One of those three high picks was bound to be a LT, and there's really no guarantee that whoever you draft would even turn out. Tunsil is an immediate upgrade to that line, a line that is really young and very athletic - you're doing what you can to make sure Watson doesn't get hurt. 

You could of drafted a LT with one of those first rounders. Tunsil is worth a Early 2nd and Sills maybe a 5th. One of the most gross over payments I’ve ever seen. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You could of drafted a LT with one of those first rounders. Tunsil is worth a Early 2nd and Sills maybe a 5th. One of the most gross over payments I’ve ever seen. 

And what promise was there that said LT would develop? What happens if they draft a Jack Conklin or a Sam Baker? What happens when the Eagles jump a spot ahead to grab your guy?

The Texans are spending a premium to avoid that "bust" risk. I'm not going to fault them for doing so.

• Like 1

Just now, ET80 said:

And what promise was there that said LT would develop? What happens if I draft a Jack Conklin or a Sam Baker? 

The Texans are spending a premium to avoid that "bust" risk. I'm not going to fault them for doing so.

its not even a guaratee tunsil is good here.  he is about to be coached by one of the worst ol coaches in the league.  i would have rather taken my chances with andre dillard than make this trade.

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Howard probably stays at G - he's looked VERY good at the spot, and a Tunsil/Howard left side can protect the hell out of Watson.

Stills is probably a #3 behind Will Fuller - but with Fuller's injury history, he'll get a lot of PT opposite Watson.

The price is a MASSIVE overpayment, but I'll overpay for a plug-and-play LT for Watson. It stings, but this was the one thing the Texans needed to get into a discussion for a top team come playoff time.

They still need to get rid of BOB, but...well, at least you have a franchise QB, LT and WR to work with.

Interesting.

I loved Tytus Howard coming out of the draft more than most. Had him as my 14th best player in the draft with tons of developmental upside but with many projection and core strength/consistency concerns. I haven't followed the Texans camp or his journey thus far but absolutely given his skill set he could be a great move LG. 

I would've bet he would've had success at RT or LT where I had him projected to play. Loved Max Scharping pick too who I thought was a RT. Interesting that both Scharping and Howard have seemingly been moved inside to play RG and LG respectively. With Tunsil at LT, it could be the makings of a strong line for Watson which is good news b/c from afar I just hope that the Texans protect that young man and his talents.

I like Nick Martin but I don't believe in Seantrel or Khalil. 

Will be interesting to see how things shake out for you all this year. Hope Watson is able to stay healthy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

And what promise was there that said LT would develop? What happens if they draft a Jack Conklin or a Sam Baker? What happens when the Eagles jump a spot ahead to grab your guy?

Bill O Brien is thinking 2019 and 2019 only. That’s not how you run a franchise and backfires 100% of the time. Bill O Brian just set your franchise back years, and I mean years! Super Bowl this year or this trade is a laughing stock and possibly the worst trade in NFL History. Tunsil is the definition of average.