FA 2020

drfrey13

Should be plenty of money to go around but still be smart.  Sign Clowney or the Scrabble DE from Jacksonville.  Maybe a starting lb.  Then draft smart.  I have a feeling we are going to be players in FA again.  A couple splash players.  But smart moves like this off season.  They've proved they're willing to make a move in the trade market too.  Some work some don't.  But they have definitely improved the roster.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Would you trade for AJ Green? He's expected back for week 6. I wouldn't trade a 1st but if it's only a 3rd... Good fit for Carr, imo.

it is tempting, but would want a reasonable contract done as well. 
The guy is a top 5 WR, but made of glass. 
If we win against Chi could be worth it for a 3rd. 

Green isn’t what he once was and probably won’t net them a comp 3rd in FA. So I’d offer our 4th just in case he doesn’t want to sign long term. He’s going to want top dollar but age and injury will play a factor in FA. Top talent when ‘on’ but has he been that the past few years? Anything higher than a 3rd should get people fired.

edit: just looked up his stats and I’m wrong. He’ll still get them 3rd comp. always seemed hurt as of late but the numbers are there

Edited by G

36 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I hope Shaquil Barrett becomes a free agent and we get a shot to sign him.  Guy has been clutch this season.  We'll see, we need pass rushers so dang bad.

Shaq is benefiting from having Suh and Vea in the middle.  I do not care who we get or the position as long as we are paying for plus athletes who know how to play and therefore elevate and relieve pressure off of those around them.  That is why I can not wait to get Abram back.  He set the tone and simplified the responsibilities of others.  It was only 1 game so I want to see more.

Sign Suh and Clowney next year to go with Hankins, Ferrell, and Crosby.  We would start getting to the QB then. 

Edited by drfrey13
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

Shaq is not a fit with PG. 

Clowney is. If he becomes a FA the raiders need to look LONG AND HARD at Clowney.

I completely agree but we seem to have a problem in Oakland that as soon as we get the players to fit one scheme we always decide to change schemes.

Well, this is the off-season where we see the benefits of being a non-state taxed franchise. my concern is, if money is the bottom line for guys, are they gonna get rich and stop trying? Also, with that type of character, is Vegas really a fit? It could lead to a lot of FA busts.

• Like 1