Patriots sign WR Antonio Brown hours after his release by Raiders

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

BTW there is a no opinion take on “Antonio should be punished.”  Investigate if Gruden knew Brown was recording him. California is a two party consent state. If Gruden didn’t know then Brown broke the law. 

Because of the nature of my job, I'm very familiar with this. The Raiders/Gruden would have to take the steps to file the lawsuit and grievance. I think that's doubtful.

Does anyone not feel all the ridiculous antics were planned, and that Brown never actually wanted to play for Oakland.   I'm not a NFL is fixed guy, but sure smells like collusion to me. I mean did AB even have time to drop a deuce before he was signed by the Pats? 

Edited by SweetFancyMoses
  • Like 2

Just now, SweetFancyMoses said:

Does anyone not feel all the ridiculous antics were planned, and that Brown never actually wanted to play for Oakland.   I'm not a NFL is fixed guy, but sure smells like collusion to me.

I did at first b/c NE wanted him last year IIRC but there's just too many moving parts to get this to happen. He's gonna have a monster year and be a model citizen now. 

32 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Because of the nature of my job, I'm very familiar with this. The Raiders/Gruden would have to take the steps to file the lawsuit and grievance. I think that's doubtful.

Who knows.  NFL, though the personal conduct policy, has a different standard of what they can punish for.

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

sought advice to get out

mort says the deal was complete Saturday morning

Damn, the Steelers turned down a 1st round pick because they didn't want to send him to the Patriots and he ends up there anyway.

Not the Steelers fault but still, gotta be a bummer.

Just now, iknowcool said:

Damn, the Steelers turned down a 1st round pick because they didn't want to send him to the Patriots and he ends up there anyway.

Not the Steelers fault but still, gotta be a bummer.

I do question this:  If that's true why was it not reported when the trade was going on?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Does anyone not feel all the ridiculous antics were planned, and that Brown never actually wanted to play for Oakland.   I'm not a NFL is fixed guy, but sure smells like collusion to me. I mean did AB even have time to drop a deuce before he was signed by the Pats? 

Yes, I do NOT think that anything was planned. I don't think he has the mental matter or patience for anything like that. 

• Like 2

This isn’t Patriots tampering. This is Brown trying to show autonomy which, if you look between the craziness, he has said often this off season starting with the interview with LeBron which he constantly alluded to the way NBA players control their cash flow and where they want to play.

• Like 1

Now we know what he really meant when he wanted a different helmet. 9_9

He already knew the Pats were interested in him and that they have a Super Bowl level organization in place, while the Raiders most emphatically do not. So it was just a matter of coming up with any old excuse to throw childish tantrums until the grownups got sick of him and threw him out of the house.

The question is, will he fare any better in New England? I felt the same way about Randy Moss before he played for the Pats as I do about AB right now. If they could rehabilitate Moss' reputation, they can do it for almost anybody. All depends on whether he's willing to put in the work, use the bathroom without posting it on social media, and can handle the word "team" (as in "people on the face on the earth other than me") being introduced into his vocabulary.

Edited by y*so*blu
  • Like 1