Patriots sign WR Antonio Brown hours after his release by Raiders

Humble_Beast

5 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I get why people are mad, but I don't see why everyone has to be.

This is easily the most entertaining off field drama the NFL has had in who knows how long.  I'm a Panthers fan, so really the Patriots aren't relevant to me as far as how we do this season.  So it boils down to now having the opportunity to watch arguably the GOAT quarterback throw passes to one of the best wide receivers of all-time.  

Strictly from an on the field standpoint, that excites the hell out of me.  Brady and Brown, on paper, seem like a perfect match considering what Brady is great at and what Brown is great at.  

Exactly my guy, speak the truth! 

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

So it was easy to make a quick phone call and agree to $15M in four hours.

I'm sure the Patriots, and other teams who were interested, have been prepping for Brown's potential release for a couple days now.

There is no way they were the only team with an offer ready for Brown in case he was released.

• Like 6

Just now, seminoles1 said:

I'm sure the Patriots, and other teams who were interested, have been prepping for Brown's potential release for a couple days now.

There is no way they were the only team with an offer ready for Brown in case he was released.

Yep. We thought he could potentially be released when, Thursday? Was that when the suspension info dropped? Teams would have started talking about it then whether or not they had interest, potentially what they would offer if they did, etc. 

Just now, Jeezla said:

Of course the Patriots get him after he's over his helmet and feet issues, and they give up nothing to make it happen. 

Would have loved to to have seen him in KC with Mahoney or really anywhere besides NE or Dallas.

They didn't just give up nothing, they're probably going to get a comp pick when he signs somewhere else after the season lol

• Like 2

I don’t like Brown nor do I think he’s a good fit in NE - but y’all are really going to cry like this was tampering? 

They had interest in trading for him this offseason, and were denied. Brown, a clown-recidivist, relapses in an organization with odd structure. Now, as a FA, NE picks him up, having already established interest in the offseason. 

Some of you are really paranoid about the Patriots, I love it! 

• Like 1

People are acting like Antonio Brown just got everything he wanted and paid no consequences.  The man lost A LOT of money.  His stats will most likely suffer because of this.  The man has paid the consequences.  Those are massive consequences to pay for someone who has been labeled as insanely selfish.

I hope this situation works out well for both Brown and the Patriots and Brown goes on to get another big time deal next off-season. 

I just got a text from someone I trust in the league and they believe this was all coordinated. That at some point AB got word that Pats would sign him if he ever got released.
Verified Twitter Accounts posting everywhere that sources are confirming this was 100% coordinated by AB and Drew. The only question is, was any member of the Patriot FO in on it? 

5 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

You think its "power" to verbally abuse coaches and teammates and be so disruptive that you get released from two contracts you willingly signed? 

You thing thats a GOOD thing?

Sad, if so.

Without judging, I'd like to point out how the world has changed.

In a prior time, there were more outbursts but they were all handled quietly and on the practice field. So the players learned not to do it.

I'm trying to imagine if a player of AB's talent had hurled a racial slur at Al "Just win, baby" Davis back in the day. My guess is he would have snarled a comment back in order to maintain control, given extra field work to the player to punish him, and put him out there on Sunday. But I can't imagine Davis cutting him and I can't imagine the press ever finding out about it.

And the bad boy Raiders was the team the malcontents were traded to, not traded or released from.

Bill Romanowski was released, but he had to rip a guy's face off to do it... and he was on steroids... and he was 37.

121415-NFL-Super-Bowl-Moments-MM-PI1.vre

'