Patriots sign WR Antonio Brown hours after his release by Raiders

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, showtime said:

People are acting like Antonio Brown just got everything he wanted and paid no consequences.  The man lost A LOT of money.  His stats will most likely suffer because of this.  The man has paid the consequences.  Those are massive consequences to pay for someone who has been labeled as insanely selfish.

I hope this situation works out well for both Brown and the Patriots and Brown goes on to get another big time deal next off-season. 

after he beasts this year, he will cash in to the highest bidder

Gotta think anything that Brown has done the last few months have no relevance or ill effects on Belichick since he doesn't have MyFace. He saw a receiver become available, determined he could contribute to the team. And he went for him.

Edited by Nex_Gen

Just now, showtime said:

People are acting like Antonio Brown just got everything he wanted and paid no consequences.  The man lost A LOT of money.  His stats will most likely suffer because of this.  The man has paid the consequences.  Those are massive consequences to pay for someone who has been labeled as insanely selfish.

I hope this situation works out well for both Brown and the Patriots and Brown goes on to get another big time deal next off-season. 

Just going to ignore that he's most likely boosted his future value and increased his HoF chances? You act like we should feel bad for him cause he's not getting an extra 15M this year. The stats thing doesn't even make sense cause his QB was Derek Carr. He was already going to suffer in the department.

Just now, showtime said:

How did he lose a lot of money? As always you have no idea what you are talking about. He was due 30M over two years. With his signing bonus, he makes 24M this season alone. Pats sign him again next year? That’s 39M instead of 30M. 

Stop speaking without facts like you always do. He made more money by doing this. 

• Like 1

Just now, NJerseypaint said:

Just going to ignore that he's most likely boosted his future value and increased his HoF chances? You act like we should feel bad for him cause he's not getting an extra 15M this year. The stats thing doesn't even make sense cause his QB was Derek Carr. He was already going to suffer in the department.

Increased his HoF chances?  Bro, Brown is one of the best receivers I've ever seen.  The guy is a HoF'er without the Patriots.  Lets get that straight.

The $15 million is not guaranteed, from what I read.  Only $9 million is.  He just lost $30 million guaranteed.  That's a substantial amount of money.

I'm not saying anyone should feel bad for him.  I'm saying he paid the consequences for his actions.  He got punished.  I'm over it.  I hope he does well.

Just now, BayRaider said:

He made more money by doing this. 

Very possible, but not guaranteed. That caveat does need to be included. If he bombs in NE, has problems, he won't. You know that. 

Now that being said, I'm willing to bet that in the end, he makes more money off this. He'll beast out because if nothing else, he's still a tremendous receiver, and he'll look at that Julio contract that he just signed and be like, 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

How did he lose a lot of money? As always you have no idea what you are talking about. He was due 30M over two years. With his signing bonus, he makes 24M this season alone. Pats sign him again next year? That’s 39M instead of 30M. 

Stop speaking without facts like you always do. He made more money by doing this. 

His deal is $15M.