Patriots sign WR Antonio Brown hours after his release by Raiders

Humble_Beast

Just now, Blackstar12 said:

At least $20 million.

This year alone was slated to make $18.5mil from a team that was willing to deal with his shenanigans, covered for him, and had a OC/HC/QB go out of their way to get him meaningless records (anyone remember the 5/50 thing and a silly swing pass when we were up 21 and he had 4/48?).

Now he's making guaranteed half of that, and still $3.5mil less at the best for a coach that doesn't deal with shenanigans, won't cover for him, and a QB that DGAF if you get yours or not.

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Drew and AB were aggressively trying to get traded to the Pats for the Steelers FO said no to four teams, the Pats and the division. 

Drew and AB talked to multiple Patriot FO. Drew has more connections to the Patriots than any other team. 

So it was easy to make a quick phone call and agree to $15M in four hours.

Just now, Skins212689 said:

It's funny everybody can be mad at Brown but never mad a NFL Owners and real life Bosses who do this type of stuff to their employees everyday. Check out the "At Will Policy" thats Real in America!!! 

What? Everyone gets mad at owners all the time. People even sided with AB against the Steelers. AB demonized himself here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 3rivers said:

rewarded? Suppose he wins a SB? is that rewarded or is more catches on a losing team rewarded? Lost the money, I get, but maybe he just wanted to win? I can't claim to know whats going on with him, but thats all that remotely makes sense right now anyways. The way he went about it was unethical to say the least, but if the steelers would have traded him to the pats in the first place, would all this drama have happened to the pats that happened to the raiders?  

And what if he behaves, wins SB and maybe MVP etc, then how does the rest of the league take this fiasco into the next CBA?

The book on Brown is that he's selfish and only cares about himself (stats).  He lost like $20 million and will probably have less stats than he would have had in Oakland.  So if he wants to win, that means people are wrong about Brown.

• Like 1

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

So it was easy to make a quick phone call and agree to $15M in four hours.

AB tried to get release all off season, when they spent more time on the phone with New England during the trade process than any other team. 

All I’m saying is it’s worth an investigation. That’s it. Let someone else judge this, not us. 

2 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

It is power but I never said his means by which he displayed this power was something I condone. But it’s power nonetheless. Be so disruptive to the point where you go to a team that you wanted to go to for 15 million? That’s power. 

Im not condoning how he did this because he did it in a real messy fashion. He had no leverage to get his move and he somehow got his move. That’s power.

This actually reminds me of Revis when he signed with the Pats. When you've been able to perform and become something on the field that many men try to be but can't, you get that power. Whether or not your behavior warrants it. 

• Like 1