Patriots sign WR Antonio Brown hours after his release by Raiders

Humble_Beast

I mean, how did Antonio Brown get rewarded for bad behavior?  He lost a ton of money this upcoming season and he's on a team with a complex system and has to learn the playbook.  His production is probably not going to be as high as it would have been in Oakland.  I'm confused.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

I swear I'm super hype right now.  As soon as I saw the Raiders released Antonio Brown, the first thought that went into my mind (and many people's minds) was for the Patriots to sign him.  Insanely stable team (Craft, Belichick and Brady) proven winners with the upmost respect.  I think Brown will at least be on his best behavior for a year.  He needs this really badly.  He's only on a one year deal, so he has a chance for one more massive pay day if he can act right and produce this year.

This is great.  I'm happy for Brown and the Patriots.

How are you happy for him? The guy is a pure PoS. #2 PoS in the NFL behind Tyreek Hill and the gap is REALLY close. 

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

How is it not?

You think its "power" to verbally abuse coaches and teammates and be so disruptive that you get released from two contracts you willingly signed? 

You thing thats a GOOD thing?

Sad, if so.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Nah eff Tyreek Hill. Sticking him at the top of a parade float with (presumably) some stairs you have to take to get up there? Recipe for disaster.

Yeah, that's the one thing working against the Chiefs. Not full goodness over there in KC. 

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Well, you don't have to know Moss to remember how he got kicked out after two seasons of record setting performances. So, if Moss isn't Teflon, nobody is, save for Brady.

If Moss isn't enough of an example - Chandler Jones. Jamie Collins. Malcolm Butler. Brandon Spikes. Wes Welker. Chad Johnson. 

Brady is the ONLY one in that building that gets preferred treatment. Everyone else is expendable.

Brady does not get preferred treatment. He is tough enough to take the regular Belichick treatment. (I don't see how AB will be that tough)

He stays around at a high-ish salary because he is still one of the best at his job.

The preferential treatment is him to the Patriots in the form of his discounted salary.

If he falls off in a couple of years then he will be gone too even if he is not ready for it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

I swear I'm super hype right now.  As soon as I saw the Raiders released Antonio Brown, the first thought that went into my mind (and many people's minds) was for the Patriots to sign him.  Insanely stable team (Craft, Belichick and Brady) proven winners with the upmost respect.  I think Brown will at least be on his best behavior for a year.  He needs this really badly.  He's only on a one year deal, so he has a chance for one more massive pay day if he can act right and produce this year.

This is great.  I'm happy for Brown and the Patriots.

Happy for what? Are you not a fan of the Seahawks? :P 

Just now, jrry32 said:

Why would you be happy for this? I'm not a Raiders fan, but they got screwed. The fact that he signed this quickly makes it clear that he did it all on purpose. This was his plan. Become such a problem child that the Raiders would cut him so he could go to the Pats. I wish him nothing but the worst.

Because I'm hoping Brown realizes this may be his last chance and he plays great.  I love Brown as a player and am hopeful he returns to being elite.  The fact that he was signed quickly doesn't mean he did this on purpose - it means he's the best receiver in football.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

I mean, how did Antonio Brown get rewarded for bad behavior?  He lost a ton of money this upcoming season and he's on a team with a complex system and has to learn the playbook.  His production is probably not going to be as high as it would have been in Oakland.  I'm confused.

He gets to win a ring then call out Pittsburgh after that :ph34r:

Just now, Outpost31 said:

I don’t even know how Patriots fans can like how this happened.  Loads of bad juju right here.  Loads of it.  

They sold their soul 10 years ago. 

ALSO: THIS IS A FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT I HAVE INSIDE INFO THIS IS BRADYS LAST YEAR