Patriots sign WR Antonio Brown hours after his release by Raiders

Humble_Beast

23 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:
56 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Personally I think what happens is AB gets suspended for all of 2020 (or at least 8 games)

Steelers and Raiders are awarded a tiny bit of money, not much.

Steelers and Raiders both get a 5th Round comp pick.

I don't care about what the Raiders and Steelers get. What I care about is AB getting punishment.

Where's the punishment for the Patriots? 

That's about as likely to occurs as AB being a Steeler in 2020. Wishful thinking. Or raging Anger/Disappointment , I'll you pick!

7 minutes ago, holyghost said:

Not necessarily the case here. Yes, Raiders are morons compared to the Pats in general. But this is clearly orchestrated by Brown to get entirely free, and the Raiders did nothing to alienate the guy. They blew it by not sending the 5 day letter, not calling his bluff, and thereby mothballing his career. 

Settle down @holyghost Antonio Brown implicated you and your father-son associates in this conspiracy earlier today on twitter.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

16 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

You exaggerate everything because you hate Ben, even though it makes you look foolish.

Again, Im not Ben's biggest fan by any means.   He has a big mouth and Ive said many times I wish he would keep it shut.     And yes, Colberts comments didnt help.

But acting like Ben constantly "attacks" teammates publicly is laughable.    He has called out a few WRs in his career.   THATS IT.    He didnt "attack" them either.   And in several of the cases, he wasnt wrong.   IM NOT SAYING HE SHOULDVE SAID ANYTHING PUBLICLY....but his comments werent factually incorrect.    He usually just said these players need to step up in some way.     

While I do hate Ben as a person, it’s more about the Steelers coddling him and not only enabling these types of situations to take place but also doubling down on them and basically saying he can do whatever he wants

Let’s not forget about him attacking the same management that backed him unconditionally by ripping them for picking a backup QB in the draft last year.  And I’m not sure all his comments were factually correct, especially concerning the INT where he said AB needed to run a better route.  It wasn’t just about him calling his teammate out publicly, it was about him not shouldering any of the blame for his own failure

The best part about this for the Patriots is there is almost zero risk. 

They were perfectly content going into the season as is with Edelman, Gordon, Thomas, Dorsett and Meyers. With Gordon that's pretty awesome. Without him it's still an upgrade from last year. If everything works out they could have Brown, Gordon, Edelman, Thomas as the starters and then a rookie Harry being groomed along with Meyers waiting in the wings. If Brown acts crazy, they can just cut him and they still have what they were excited about anyways. 

Brown was just a holy **** this guys is available and we can get him, if it works we are amazing, if it doesn't we still are fine, type thing. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Mr Chapo I realize Epstein has broken your brain but there are limits sir.

Starless is the most air brained NE fan on this forum. I have him blocked for a reason.

Also, as far as NE, I'm not a believer that this was any sort of shock that he was available. I believe NE and AB had a deal in place and AB simply had to orchestrate his way out of Oakland.