Week 4: VIKINGS (2-1) at Bears (2-1)

swede700

In 4 out of the last 6 Bears-Vikings contests, the loser has finished with 10 points (each team has done it twice), will one of these teams do it again?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. In 4 out of the last 6 Bears-Vikings contests, the loser has finished with 10 points (each team has done it twice), will one of these teams do it again?

• Yes, the Vikings will get 10 pts
    • Yes, the Bears will get 10 pts
    • Yes, the game will finish tied 10-10
    • No, both teams will score more than 10
    • No, one team will score less than 10
    • No, both teams will score less than 10

54 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

It's been an interesting year for Mitch. He is really not using his legs like last year. I think if you keep him in the pocket you can really limit his effectiveness. I'm expecting a very close game with the first QB to melt down costing his team the game.

I'm going to be really upset if Mitch beats us with his legs....again. Zimmer seemed to acknowledge this in a tweet so I'm expecting him to gameplan accordingly.

6 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

I'm going to be really upset if Mitch beats us with his legs....again. Zimmer seemed to acknowledge this in a tweet so I'm expecting him to gameplan accordingly.

Coaches tweet now? What’s the world coming too. Nagy told Mitch to “Man the F up” the last game, I liked the old school nature.

We are going to need Cousins to actually make some plays.  I believe the Bears are locked in and ready for Dalvin Cook. I don’t believe he will be doing much of anything.

Cousins will need to play up to at least 3/4 of his contract on Sunday. Maybe not all, that’d be asking too much. 

Either way, I don’t have high hopes for this game.  

4 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

We are going to need Cousins to actually make some plays.  I believe the Bears are locked in and ready for Dalvin Cook. I don’t believe he will be doing much of anything.

Cousins will need to play up to at least 3/4 of his contract on Sunday. Maybe not all, that’d be asking too much. 

Either way, I don’t have high hopes for this game.  

If Cousins is going to make plays without a high risk of turning the ball over, the Vikings need to have a plan to dealing with Khalil Mack. If Mack is on Cousins' hip all day the way he was on Keenum on Monday the results likely end up looking a lot like Keenum's results. Cousins might not have five turnovers so not exactly the same but similar in that he would have too many. The Vikings need to deal with that if they want Cousins throwing the ball much. They also have to deal with interior pressure.  Chicago has a good defense. It is hard to get the offense going when you constantly have to devote extra resources to pass protection, but having Cousins throw in the face of pressure like that has disaster written all over it.

I do not expect the Vikings to put up many points in the game. What the Vikings really need is the defense to step up, get lots of stops, get some turnovers, and even better if the defense gets some points.

• Like 1

Guard Josh Kline (concussion) is the only Viking who did not practice on Thursday.

Linebacker Kentrell Brothers (wrist/hamstring) was the only Viking who was a limited participant on Thursday. Brothers was a full participant in Wednesday's practice after only being listed with a wrist injury.

Linebacker Anthony Barr (groin) and cornerback Mackensie Alexander (elbow) were full participants in practice for the first time this week on Thursday after being limited on Wednesday.

Defensive tackle Shamar Stephen (knee), safety Jayron Kearse (back), linebacker Ben Gedeon (groin) and defensive end Everson Griffen (elbow) were all full participants in practice on Thursday.

https://www.vikings.com/news/minnesota-vikings-chicago-bears-week-4-injury-report