Packers & Eagles Postgame

Leader

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I think he was the Burnett replacement.  But, if you recall, Burnett was playing the "LB" snaps when we would go to a 3 safety package.  Jones is listed as 6'2 220 on nfl.com.  For comparison, Oren Burks is listed at 6'3 233, Deion Jones 6'1 222, Burnett is 6'1 210.  Jones had the athletic ability to play like Burnett, he just didn't.  We all like the idea of Josh Jones, we just don't like Josh Jones.  

There has to be another reason that Jones isn't playing somewhere.  Taylor Mays lasted 5 seasons, and had fewer tackles than Jones did in 2.    

I believe Burks played some safety at Vandy though. Plus, he's got the size/height/speed they are looking for. 

12 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

No one wants josh jones.  He's not good

Speaking as the guy who brought up Josh Jones, who said anyone wanted Josh Jones? Everybody here likes the idea of Josh Jones more than we like the player Josh Jones.  You're telling me you don't like the idea of a 6'2 220 pound safety that runs a 4.4 and was a 3 year starter in the ACC?

Just now, Golfman said:

I believe Burks played some safety at Vandy though. Plus, he's got the size/height/speed they are looking for. 

IIRC, Burks played safety, inside linebacker and outside linebacker at Vandy.  He was kind of a swiss army knife.  Hopefully he has learned to football better since we last saw him, because just like Jones, the athlete is there.

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Speaking as the guy who brought up Josh Jones, who said anyone wanted Josh Jones? Everybody here likes the idea of Josh Jones more than we like the player Josh Jones.  You're telling me you don't like the idea of a 6'2 220 pound safety that runs a 4.4 and was a 3 year starter in the ACC?

Cwood says we want josh jones.

I think a 220 pound safety that runs a 4.4 and was a 3 year starter needs to be able to cover someone.  Jones can't.

9 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

IIRC, Burks played safety, inside linebacker and outside linebacker at Vandy.  He was kind of a swiss army knife.  Hopefully he has learned to football better since we last saw him, because just like Jones, the athlete is there.

He just needs to get his run fits down.

8 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Clark's a ******* stud. He's being asked to do too much, both from a down to down and from a snap count perspective.

Yeah and considering second level behind him also. Way to much on his plate we are going to wear him out. Need to get Adams back and get the rotation going he needs in game rest.

49 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

He was trying to contend Josh Jones the individual was specifically worthy of his 2nd round selection by the Packers (rather than a prototype with measurables like Jones to play the ILB/safety hybrid position being worthy of such a selection). 

No.  I was saying that was the type of player we wanted.  He refused to buy into it, and he flopped.  Everyone wants this hybrid LB/S that can do everything.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He refused to buy into it,

this part is probably 5% of the problem.  Jones refused to buy into being a professional football player, not the specific role he was asked of.  Also, he wasn't good at m2m or zone coverage.  He was only good at run support, and was a very limited player as a result.  He was basically fast atari bigby.

He wasn't mentally capable to understand and process and make decisions on the field at the NFL level.  His physical gifts became useless as a result.  The motivation factor was not a big reason for his failure.

Any news on Adams at all? I know he wasn't a world beater, but maybe in hindsight the Davis trade wasn't worth it. Obviously we will see, and I know the defense has taken the majority of the post game talk, but if Graham can't make catches, Kumerow is still out, and now possibly Adams out... The WR group doesn't look very appealing.

Just now, Toddfather said:

Any news on Adams at all? I know he wasn't a world beater, but maybe in hindsight the Davis trade wasn't worth it. Obviously we will see, and I know the defense has taken the majority of the post game talk, but if Graham can't make catches, Kumerow is still out, and now possibly Adams out... The WR group doesn't look very appealing.

1-2 weeks is the speculation from rapoport 

• Like 1