Packers & Eagles Postgame

Leader

1 hour ago, TheOnlyThing said:

What is more concerning about that play, Tramon looking like he has no clue about how to play the run from that position or Dean Lowry getting pancaked by a TE?

it's a wham block... it's not that common and it comes at him from an angle he isn't expecting.  This is a common and effective technique to block an aggressive DE.  Lowry doesn't play it perfectly, but Tramon is unblocked on the play and runs himself out of the play following the movement of Goedert rather than playing the run.  If we are gonna run dime, we can't have unblocked players unwilling to play the run.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Anyone have a gif of the play where Gary rushed like 30 yards upfield for no reason, just for the laughs? 

Seems like he's so amped up with adrenaline he's doing a lot of unnecessary running. He takes super wide angles that takes him right out of plays. He's looks raw and lost out there at times I hate to say it. He must be getting poor coaching if he thinks he's just gonna run around NFL lineman for sacks. He needs to just use his  power and speed and bull his way to sacks until he develops a pass rushing  repertoire. 

This has been a brutal day for me getting trolled by my bears friends via text. One sent me a text of the Denny Green they were who we thought we were gif referring to our defense. Now my friends are saying our defense is a fluke. Gonna have to block or just shut my phone off for a few days after next Sunday.

5 minutes ago, St Vince said:

This has been a brutal day for me getting trolled by my bears friends via text. One sent me a text of the Denny Green they were who we thought we were gif referring to our defense. Now my friends are saying our defense is a fluke. Gonna have to block or just shut my phone off for a few days after next Sunday.

Reply with this clip

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:
4 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

watch tramon on this play:

Wow

It really looks like he purposely ran himself out of the play so he wouldn't have to be in a position to tackle anyone.

How does Williams not see the OL coming down field to block Martinez and see that it is a run action?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, St Vince said:

Seems like he's so amped up with adrenaline he's doing a lot of unnecessary running. He takes super wide angles that takes him right out of plays. He's looks raw and lost out there at times I hate to say it. He must be getting poor coaching if he thinks he's just gonna run around NFL lineman for sacks. He needs to just use his  power and speed and bull his way to sacks until he develops a pass rushing  repertoire. 

He just doesn't seem like a fluid athlete with bend, in my opinion. All his straight line and explosion testing numbers are great but doesn't help trying to turn the corner. Is it just my imagination that for such a good athlete he kind of runs and moves awkwardly? 

He does have a sack and a few pressures plus It is a small sample size but at least his motor looks better than it did in preseason and times at Michigan. He had a nice play where he ran all the way across the field to make a tackle when Saunders who made a couple of our guys miss. 

Edited by Victor1124