Week 4 GDT

SteelKing728

3 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Hes saying you dont want to peak early.  

The bears offense is really poopy, and will be for a long time, is what he was actually saying. 

And it's not human poopy either, it's dog poopy, which everyone knows is more poopy 

(Trust me, I'm from San Francisco, and humans poop on the streets everywhere here) 

8 hours ago, showtime said:

Gurley has like 200 yards rushing in four games and he was a non-factor during the postseason (outside of the Cowboys game).  I've been a huge fan of Gurley his entire career, but what's going on?  I remember people saying he was hurt last year, but that was like 8 months ago.  He's still hurt?  I read during the off-season that his knees are pretty much done, but that seemed weird (guess I shouldn't say done, but he would never be the same as he was in the past).

He isn't the same anymore. Add in Goff who is solid not great and the Rams are in trouble going forward. Their defense needs to be good for them to go far.

10 hours ago, showtime said:

Gurley has like 200 yards rushing in four games and he was a non-factor during the postseason (outside of the Cowboys game).  I've been a huge fan of Gurley his entire career, but what's going on?  I remember people saying he was hurt last year, but that was like 8 months ago.  He's still hurt?  I read during the off-season that his knees are pretty much done, but that seemed weird (guess I shouldn't say done, but he would never be the same as he was in the past).

Vic Fangio figured out the Rams running game and offense.  Now everyone is copying it.

Ted Nguyen had a great article on it last week on the Athletic.  And if you watch the Rams/Bucs game, the Bucs followed that gameplan to a T.

https://theathletic.com/1236091/2019/09/25/teds-film-room-the-rams-still-havent-quite-figured-out-the-fangio-blueprint/

Snipet from the article:

Who’s at fault for that? Blame none other than Broncos head coach Vic Fangio. Last year, Fangio was the defensive coordinator for the Bears and he was the first coach who was able to stop the Rams’ offense, holding them to a mere six points in Week 14. He did it with a 6-1 front with soft zone (either cover 4 or cover 3) behind it. 

The principles of the defense were designed to take away exactly what made the Rams’ offense so dangerous. By putting two extra edge players on each side of a four-man line, the defense is already in position to take away plays designed to attack the edge like outside zone, fly sweep, and boots— all three are the Rams’ bread-and-butter.

If you have an Athletic subscription, you should really read the whole thing.  It's great.

3 hours ago, N4L said:

The bears offense is really poopy, and will be for a long time, is what he was actually saying. 

And it's not human poopy either, it's dog poopy, which everyone knows is more poopy 

(Trust me, I'm from San Francisco, and humans poop on the streets everywhere here) 

Just be thankful you arent from philly, lest someone else would come eat it. 

5 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

Pretty sure that was Patricia. It's even in the comments of that article.

Bears obviously had more defensive talent to shut them down a week or two later.

Yes...  it was and even so the Bucs didn't run that anyways.   They had 2 LBs usually and kept them mostly in the A gap was a different personnel grouping

Archived