TheVillain112

Who wins?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Bengals
    • Steelers
    • I'm ignoring my family for this?

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

They should, however I'm opposed to anyone further making the Patriots any better, and I don't see a ton of teams out there I expect to be willing to cough up anything significant for him that would see him bringing both a bolster this season and being willing to at least franchise tag him in the spring.

True, but if they have to bring in too many FAs for some reason and don’t get a comp pick for letting him walk, they’re gonna wish they had got at least something for him.

I know that not how GMs always think, but I would do it if I thought he was gonna walk. I guess they probably have a better handle on that than I would. 

31 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Chicago has cap issues and had to let some people go last year. 

Can they pick up Dalton’s contract? They have the fifth least cap space next season ($14 million) while Dalton is $17 million. 

Their dominant defense might fall apart if they have to start making cuts, letting people go, don’t sign anyone, and have to give up more draft picks. Not to the point it sucks, but to the point it’s only good.

The Bears made 0 cap cuts this year.  They offered Amos less than what the Pack did, so he went there.  They signed Skrine (who might be even better) for about the same amount that Callahan signed in Denver.  They restructured some deals but they are under the cap for 2020 and are looking at probably resigning Eddie Jackson to a big deal before the start of the season and that's probably it.  They will free up about $30M in space after the year when they make the cuts everyone sees coming from miles away

6 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Imagine turning your season around like that and expecting it to continue against a flailing team just to get clobbered that badly.

Unreal. Dolphins favored by -2, at home, so basically it was considered toss up... 31-0... Then the Dolphins went to Buffalo coming off their dominant victory, only dogs by 2.5, and got clobbered themselves 10-29 (26-3 entering the 4th). What a wild ride those AFC playoffs must have been.

16 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Whoa that 1992 Chargers season was crazy.

Started 0-4, outscored 29 to 95 (-16.5 PPG)

Finished 11-1, outscored opponents 306 to 146 (+13.3 PPG)

Swept by the Chiefs in the season, then shut them out 17-0 in the wild card round.... Only to see their 9 game streak snapped by getting shut out themselves, 31-0, to the 11-5 Dolphins (who started their season 6-0, but hobbled into playoffs with a 5-5 finish).

Nothing is crazier than the 1976 Steelers

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

The Bears made 0 cap cuts this year.  They offered Amos less than what the Pack did, so he went there.  They signed Skrine (who might be even better) for about the same amount that Callahan signed in Denver.  They restructured some deals but they are under the cap for 2020 and are looking at probably resigning Eddie Jackson to a big deal before the start of the season and that's probably it.  They will free up about $30M in space after the year when they make the cuts everyone sees coming from miles away

What cuts will save 30 million?

4 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Wow yeah, slow start to SB champs aside, they closed on what has to be the strongest defensive 9 game stretch in NFL history: 9 games, 5 shutouts, 2 TDs allowed, 3.1 PPG allowed. That is just ludicrous.

I've seen people say that team was the best out of the 70s steelers teams and they didn't win the SB(injuries killed them in the AFC title game)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, August4th said:

I've seen people say that team was the best out of the 70s steelers teams and they didn't win the SB(injuries killed them in the AFC title game)

I didn't even realize they didn't win the SB that year, just assumed it was one of the 4 70s teams that did based on that dominant stretch. Geez.. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, patriotsheatyan said:

What cuts will save 30 million?

Realistically, it's not going to be 30M but it's not going to be nearly as bad as you are acting like it is. 

Right now the projected cap space for next year is 200M. Before week 6 (and signing a new backup QB for minimal cost), they have 18M that can rollover into next year (which the Bears are in position to do) where they have a projected 14.5M. That's 32.5M, right now.

Subtract the cash spending and unpredictable moves made between the end of this year until the official beginning of the 2020 season without the cuts then we're probably at about ~10M short of the 32M. That's 22.5M to use with about only about ~4M on rookie pool since we don't have to pay a 1st but do have two #2 picks (before any potential moves).

This leaves about 18.5 before cuts. Cuts could include Davis and Long. 

Kyle Long's body may be done from the looks of it and so either he is cut (again, we are in a position to do because he has zero guaranteed money) or restructures his contract.....that's an additional 8.1M. Mike Davis has looked more and more useless each week and he may be cut by week 10 which would only be a 1M hit against the cap but would also gain us a 4th round comp pick for Amos.

Edited by JustAnotherFan
  • Like 1