the green bay packers vefrsus the detroit loins 2019 MNF (week 5): the return of the incomparable tony brown PART DEUX

FinneasGage

which button man is gonna corral the packer city magic when it mattes most in the game   

38 members have voted

1. 1. which button man is gonna corral the packer city magic when it mattes most in the game

• rubella martin
    • korean robinson
    • brett swine
    • diondre borrelia
    • jake tonedburger
    • tori gouty
    • jamarko symptoms

2 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I'm a big fan of Gute but those two were drafted by Ted Thompson in 2017. Gute became GM prior to the 2018 season.

Wasn't that the draft that Ted Thompson relinquished control for the first time in the draft and we saw things being done a little differently? I'm pretty sure that's the draft that we knew things were coming to an end with Ted Thompson. Not saying it was Gute that made the picks, js that I think there were more heads involved then just Ted Thompson on that draft. 

Edited by Nick_gb

8 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

Wasn't that the draft that Ted Thompson relinquished control for the first time in the draft and we saw things being done a little differently? I'm pretty sure that's the draft that we knew things were coming to an end with Ted Thompson. Not saying it was Gute that made the picks, js that I think there were more heads involved then just Ted Thompson on that draft. 

I was tossing that idea around in my head and almost made mention of it. Ultimately it's too hard to assign alternative credit for those picks. But really that's the case with every draft pick. Which scout was leading the campaign for any given player in any given year? Ultimately you have to credit the guy who made the call. As far as I know, Thompson had the final say on whose name was sent up to the podium in 2017.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, snackattack said:

i may be in the minority here but i'm a big fan of having everything being challengable.  penalties, turnovers, scores, yardage, everything.  give the coaches another challenge or two per game, and allow the plays to continue as much as possible (like they're doing with turnovers for the most part).  the only downside is that it could slow down the games a little bit, but who wouldn't trade a few extra minutes of review for getting the right call? 

I would be a fan of the league adopting what the NCAA does.   I don't believe it would have changed the hands to the face penalities but it could fix some of the issues.  I think the red hankie for the HCs is rather silly btw.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/8/30/17489766/ncaa-instant-replay-challenge-rule

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

No. Run, knee, knee, FG on 4th down.

How much time was still on the clock when they called the second hands to the face?  1:30 or so?  If the penalty isn't called there we kick the go ahead FG.  Did the Lions have any TOs left?

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

How much time was still on the clock when they called the second hands to the face?  1:30 or so?  If the penalty isn't called there we kick the go ahead FG.  Did the Lions have any TOs left?

Negative, they would have had no timeouts left. 

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

No. The Lions called their timeouts to kill the previous drive, and were successful in doing so.