TNF: Steelers at Browns

BleedTheClock

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

You haven't seen the numerous people here say that Rudolph provoked the altercation? 

You haven't seen Alexwhateverhisnameis20?

I'd say it's a pretty even split or maybe a 60/40 split of people who act like Rudolph was just standing there innocently. 

I think you are misunderstanding the difference of defending Garrett's actions (which no one has) and people asking fans/media to stop acting like Rudolph didn't do anything. The altercation should have stopped after Garrett ripped off his helmet (Rudolph tried to rip off Garrett's helmet first because of a late non-injury threatening tackle) and they were separated. Rudolph instead went back to Garrett as his team mates stood between them and separated them already.

Again....not a single person is defending Garrett's actions...literally no one has said Garrett was justified; his actions are inexcusable.

back on topic for the game

The Browns had a 14+ point halftime lead for the 10th time since 2003 (fewest such games in NFL). CLE now has a 10-0 record in those games.

What can the Browns do more of to jump out to an early lead, and whats the reason that everyone thinks that the Browns are able to remain undefeated with a 14 point lead?

Or is it too small of a sample size?

lets discuss

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I dont understand why you are trying to make the two mutually exclusive. They arent. Mason had chances to de-escalate and instead he egged it on. That is a fact, not an opinion.

That in no way excuses anything Garrett did. Garrett had the chance to walk away. Instead he egregiously assaulted a man. That is also a fact. 

Yeah I’m not sure how folks are seeing this any other way.

There can be more than one party responsible for a bad situation.

• Like 4

Just now, Malfatron said:

back on topic for the game

The Browns had a 14+ point halftime lead for the 10th time since 2003 (fewest such games in NFL). CLE now has a 10-0 record in those games.

What can the Browns do more of to jump out to an early lead, and whats the reason that everyone thinks that the Browns are able to remain undefeated with a 14 point lead?

Or is it too small of a sample size?

lets discuss

They should try not sucking so much.

That’s my expert opinion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I dont understand why you are trying to make the two mutually exclusive. They arent. Mason had chances to de-escalate and instead he egged it on. That is a fact, not an opinion.

That in no way excuses anything Garrett did. Garrett had the chance to walk away. Instead he egregiously assaulted a man. That is also a fact. 

That's not the context of the point he is trying to convey in the post he wrote though. Know what nevermind I just stick to the bball forum. 😏😏😏😏😏😏

3 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Thank you. I've always wondered how my students parents manage this level of cognitive dissonance when punishment is netted out because their kid beat another kid up but was "being bullied" before hand. Usually I don't know because they just yell. Now I know.

Man, you really are dense.

1 minute ago, Onizuka said:

I'd say it's a pretty even split or maybe a 60/40 split of people who act like Rudolph was just standing there innocently. 

I think you are misunderstanding the difference of defending Garrett's actions (which no one has) and people asking fans/media to stop acting like Rudolph didn't do anything. The altercation should have stopped after Garrett ripped off his helmet (Rudolph tried to rip off Garrett's helmet first because of a late non-injury threatening tackle) and they were separated. Rudolph instead went back to Garrett as his team mates stood between them and separated them already.

Again....not a single person is defending Garrett's actions...literally no one has said Garrett was justified; his actions are inexcusable.

Then again, if everyone believes Garrett's actions are inexcusable and not justified then there's literally no reason to bring up the provocation. Since you know, the argument is that his actions are unjustifiable. By arguing provocation you're attempting to put some level of reasoning to his actions, literally counter to the definition of unjustifiable.

Just now, Malfatron said:

Its sad because lost in all of this, the Browns have defeated the Steelers for the first time since Week 6, 2014 (Brian Hoyer was starting QB).

congrats to the Browns for turning the corner on this rivalry 

Jesus I hate you so much.

But love you so much too.

But mostly hate you rn.

• Like 1

Alright, if I'm going to ACTUALLY offer a boring real opinion...

Didn't look like a nut-shot from Rudolph. Looked like he was trying to shove Garrett away...you know, as Garrett was continually trying to come after him while he was on the ground. A still picture doesn't show a damn thing.

As far as coming after Garrett again after he ripped helmet off? I mean maybe he just wanted the thing back, it is HIS helmet, damn!

I dunno. I feel like everything Mason did is easily within the confines of that general "mixin' it up" stuff that wouldn't have meant anything in the long run, until Myles went psycho.

• Like 3