Week 12 GDT: Packers at 49ers (Adams or Bust Edition)

AlexGreen#20

42 minutes ago, Leader said:

All the superlatives are of the bottom of the barrel variety.................

Bill Huber - Green Bay went 1-for-15 on third down - a conversion by Jamaal Williams in the final moments - and Aaron Rodgers had the worst yards per attempt of his career. A miserable performance.

So Boyle was 100% throwing on third down and Rodgers was 0% with 14 tries.

Just now, Leader said:

Agree with that. He's sucked.

37.2 yards per punt is terrible and serves to hurt the defense far more than it will help.

Like I said in the GDT thread.....if he punted that badly in college - he might have lost his job, but he probably wouldnt have been drafted or selected to come to a camp.

Good HS kickers can do that.

7 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I wouldn't pay him.  I feel a guy on a rookie contract can fill that role for significantly less money.  We will have to use a pick to get that guy, but I think you can find one out there.  

I think it depends on what the market is on Blake. If it is middle of the road LB money, we should resign him. Consider the alternatives:

Draft pick- Even after last night we’ll be drafting 25+. Unless we burn a 1 on an ilb (which I’d rather not considering OT/wr/DL) the odds of us getting a rookie that is an instant upgrade is very low. You can’t use 1s at every position 

FA- After tags, there is a good chance Blake is ILB 1 in fa

Development guys on roster- Burks has athletic ability but anyone who has watched him will tell you he has no instincts.

27 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I think it depends on what the market is on Blake. If it is middle of the road LB money, we should resign him. Consider the alternatives:

Draft pick- Even after last night we’ll be drafting 25+. Unless we burn a 1 on an ilb (which I’d rather not considering OT/wr/DL) the odds of us getting a rookie that is an instant upgrade is very low. You can’t use 1s at every position 

FA- After tags, there is a good chance Blake is ILB 1 in fa

Development guys on roster- Burks has athletic ability but anyone who has watched him will tell you he has no instincts.

That's not going to cut it.  Sure, if the money isn't a lot we should resign him.  However, it's painfully evident compared to others at his position, he's not even close to being in their talent level.  Even worse, not sure how to upgrade at the position.  49ers were crap for years and had high draft choices to fill those spots and they hit on them.  Problem being, the talent level on this team under Thompson's last few years was so low it's going to take another year of free agency and good drafting to restock. 

10 hours ago, Fox_NFLs_GG said:

Anyone thinking that letting Pettine go is a good idea? Maybe promote Mike Smith?

I wouldn’t promote from within. I’d go get Gus Bradley or Ron Rivera when they’re fired after the season. We need an aggressive defense,  it the finesse defense we currently run.

Also, we need a reliable RT and if it means burning a 1st on one, it means burning a 1st on one...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Rodgers deserves no excuses .. he freaking sucked ... Bad!  He's had two of his worst performances ever in the past few games.  Unacceptable!

It does really seem like Rodgers gets a little tunnel vision when Adams is on the field. I get you don't want to throw picks, but at some point you need to take a few shots.

This version of Rodgers is depressing. His inversion for INT's has created the QB that lacks anticipation and holds the ball when there are plays to be made. His prior abilities to slip out of sacks has inflated his confidence to a point where he thinks he can get out of everything. 

If a team gets early and consistent pressure on him, this offense is toast. He either drops his eyes and tries to escape almost instantly, he chucks it down the sideline with little no chance of a completion or he just stands there refusing to throw into any sort of tight window resulting in a sack. 

The only way for this offense will do anything against a very good defense is for Rodgers to completely alter the way he has played for the majority of the past two years or for LaFleur to become a magician and scheme wide open receivers on the first read regularly. 

This hurts my soul.

• Like 1