An Early Look at 2020 Free Agency

Brit Pack

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

We went all out on pass rush this offseason and I expect we’d do the same thing at WR.  Two to get us by for Aaron’s last three years plus a second or third rounder to develop for our next QB.  Lazard/MVS could still make a jump.

Lazard has definitely surpassed MVS. I'm excited to see him next year honestly. He could be a more than serviceable #3.

EQ is totally unknown, but I have a hard time seeing him being worse than MVS has been the 2nd half of this year. I have no issue moving on from either of MVS/EQ, but adding 2 guys plus a 2/3 rd pick means that one at least is gone. Unless we carry 7 WRs.

Adams
FA
Lazard
2/3 rd pick
EQ
MVS

I'm ok with that too, pending us getting a TE

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

The draft has to be part of the way we fix WR .. the crop is too good for us to pass on.  

We kind of have to get two in the draft, right?

Lord knows what ESB will become.  I think we know what MVS is.  G-Mo has to be gone.  Kumerow is, well, we know he is awesome!!!

Even if we get a FA receiver, I'd still want to draft two.  One high, one later.

And I'm still in the camp of looking at AJ Green.  Spotrac has him at 2 years, $19M.  I think that is a good contract for him if those medicals check out.  

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

-Devin Funchess
-Breshad Perriman
-Nelson Agholor
-Phillip Dorsett
-Jarius Wright

No need to kill our cap health by signing AJ Green or 34-year-old Emmanuel Sanders.  We don't need another elite receiver, we just need another legitimate receiving option or two.  I really like Agholor.  I think he's checked out of Philadelphia and he is the type who screams to me break out year on new team.  I just don't know if he's checked out on the Eagles because Wentz is secretly not so secretly a terrible leader or because he sucks and he can't accept that.  Either way, worth a risk. 

I don't like any of those options.  I'd rather just go overpay for Robby Anderson.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I don't like any of those options.  I'd rather just go overpay for Robby Anderson.

Robby Anderson is a rich mans MVS. Only separates deep, never been much of a YAC threat, frail. Hard pass. Doesn't fit with what Aaron is becoming. Agholor is not as good of a player right now but at his peak he's a guy who wins early and gets YAC, that's the mold Rodgers needs to age with. Anderson is a young QBs kind of WR.

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Robby Anderson is a rich mans MVS. Only separates deep, never been much of a YAC threat, frail. Hard pass. Doesn't fit with what Aaron is becoming. Agholor is not as good of a player right now but at his peak he's a guy who wins early and gets YAC, that's the mold Rodgers needs to age with. Anderson is a young QBs kind of WR.

Right now, Rodgers' reads are Adams and Jones with an occasional look at Jimmy Graham and Lazard.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Right now, Rodgers' reads are Adams and Jones with an occasional look at Jimmy Graham and Lazard.

They still weren't creative enough with Jones.  I feel he was totally underutilized this season in the pass game.  He's got potential to be a top dual threat, but for whatever reasons they wouldn't commit to getting him even more involved.  The offense should have been going thru him even more yesterday.  12 carries.

I keep throwing money at the front 7.

Armstead, chris Jones, Lawson, Ngakoue, Leonard Williams, Jordan Phillips, Clowney, Suh, McCoy, Quinn, JPP - this is actually an incredible FA class, and will be options across multiple tiers to bolster the DL. I want an elite front 4 like SF. More EDGE as well: Barrett, Fowler, Dupree

LB: Trevathan?, Van Noy, Littleton, Onwuasor, Hewitt, Correa

Yeah, I'm spending as much as I can on this defense still. Give me two more front 7 guys in this FA class, please.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Lazard has definitely surpassed MVS. I'm excited to see him next year honestly. He could be a more than serviceable #3.

EQ is totally unknown, but I have a hard time seeing him being worse than MVS has been the 2nd half of this year. I have no issue moving on from either of MVS/EQ, but adding 2 guys plus a 2/3 rd pick means that one at least is gone. Unless we carry 7 WRs.

Adams
FA
Lazard
2/3 rd pick
EQ
MVS

I'm ok with that too, pending us getting a TE

This is about where I'm at. I'm signing a proven guy you can legitimately call a No. 2 WR. Then you draft a guy in the 2-3 round who probably starts behind Lazard Week 1 but you're hoping he becomes Deebo/A.J. and is pushing your No. 2 guy by Week 12.