Week 14 GDT

ET80

5 minutes ago, I <3 Faulk said:

Outside of last year, hasn't that kinda been the Charger MO? Once they're eliminated from the playoffs, or need a bunch of help, they start going off like they should have all year.  Then the fan goes into the offseason with hope since they finished so hot. I feel like almost every year the chargers get tagged as a team that you "don't want to see in the playoffs" but it's always too little too late. 

There's also a correlation between that and both this time of year is typically when they finally get healthy (after consistently finding a way to be Top 5-7 in the league in early/mid-season injuries year after year) as well as the FO keeping coaches around a season or two too long ("because they really showed potential to close the season").

3 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Don't think anyone was offering anything for him.  Fantasy numbers and his hype from college led people outside of pro personnel departments to think he was a valuable asset when really he was a high-carry-bolstered accumulator with sub-par vision who hyped himself into believing he deserved Gurley/Zeke money.  I'm not even sure that's worth a 5th round pick to a team (there would have been conditions out the yin-yang attached to any pick traded for him).

Honestly, I can't say. I never heard anything really one way or the other about offers, truth be told. So I should add that caveat since there may not have been offers to reject

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yep. And I think that they missed the boat on Gordon because of that. They should have traded him while he was holding out. Just didn't need him. 

Ekeler wouldn't last the entire season IMO as the feature back. Neither would Gordon. But together they were a pretty good tandem last year. 

Edited by Xenos

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

There's also a correlation between that and both this time of year is typically when they finally get healthy (after consistently finding a way to be Top 5-7 in the league in early/mid-season injuries year after year) as well as the FO keeping coaches around a season or two too long ("because they really showed potential to close the season").

It could be worse right? Atleast the team doctor isn't an alcoholic or anything, and they have the support of their city!

1 minute ago, I <3 Faulk said:

It could be worse right? Atleast the team doctor isn't an alcoholic or anything, and they have the support of their city!

I hadn't heard anything about the team doctor alcoholism, but the lack of support from the city is on ownership being arrogant clowns who thought they could buy fans or would have the red carpet rolled out for them just because they deigned to move the team.

2 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Lol at the spoiled pink hats booing 

You can’t have it both ways. NE can’t be a massively overrated team in decline who beat up on a soft schedule AND have fans that don’t deserve to boo. The offense is playing terrible football, has been for weeks, they deserve a boo here and there. Especially the WRs.

• Like 1