Most Disappointing Team of 2019

goldfishwars

Which team has disappointed the most?   

103 members have voted

1. 1. Which team has disappointed the most?

Which team has disappointed the most against their expectations leading into the season? 

Bears - Had an impressive year in 2018 where they were unlucky not to progress further in the playoffs. They were looking for further development from a young QB with a host of young talent around him and a defense which had dominance in 2018. Now they look ready to ditch their franchise quarterback completely, their offense looks shapeless and their defense doesn't look anywhere near as threatening. 

Browns - Seemed like they had finally turned a corner after an impressive stretch of performances last season led to investments in a young coaching staff a young signal caller to finally call their own and some big names joining free agency. Now all hell is breaking loose off the field where the players are falling out with a head coach who looks out of his depth, their free agent acquisitions haven't lived up to their reputations and their franchise quarterback has taken a step back. 

Chargers - An impressive 2018 season where they went 12-4 off the back of some seriously impressive defensive performances, a roster full of young emerging talent and a veteran quarterback who was still slinging it with the best. Now Rivers looks two steps over the hill, nobody knows which unit is going to show up on any given week and their off-field future looks more uncertain than ever. 

Rams - Made it all the way to the Super Bowl with the most exciting head coach in football and a veteran defensive coach who was still out thinking the best offensive minds in the game. A trip back to the big game looking well within their grasp after an off-season re-grouping. Now they are not headed back to the playoffs, have a bunch of roster holes with only a few draft picks and Wade Phillips could lose his job. 

I didn't expect much better from the Browns honestly. 

Of those four teams, I definitely didn't expect the Rams to miss the playoffs and look as bad as they have in a lot of games.  I had no faith in the Bears with Trubisky at QB, and the Chargers are always erratic anyway.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

To me, the Browns are the most overhyped/underachieving team since the 2011 "Dream Team" Eagles so I'd have to go with them. 

Cowboys deserve a mention in here as well. 

Bingo on the bolded, but I wasn't sure they would even make the playoffs. It's got to be the Rams for me. 

I'd have to go with Jared "special boy" Goff and the Rams. Going from Super Bowl loss to missing the playoffs finishing 3rd in their division isn't a good look. Curious to see how all those big contracts play out. Something tells me it's not going to be a great outcome.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I'd have to go with Jared "special boy" Goff and the Rams. Going from Super Bowl loss to missing the playoffs finishing 3rd in their division isn't a good look. Curious to see how all those big contracts play out. Something tells me it's not going to be a great outcome.

It’s all good baby. Now with us not there idk if there’s a team in the nfc that can go into New Dunpsterlean and beat y’all. Next year my playa. Idk why you’re hard on Goff. There isn’t a elite QBs with more loosing seasons than Drew “Mr pad your stat” Brees.

A ton of losing this seasons. This is Jared’s first and probably last. Good luck Tyler you need this for your health and sanity after last years whooping. 

With that said I will agree that the rams didn’t live up to the standards! We have achieved of greatness with Mcvay. Love you babe. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

Cowboys deserve a mention in here as well. 

You cannot mention the Cowboys and not attach the Eagles at the hip here. I spent most of the offseason listening to how great Carson Wentz is and how the Eagles are the most talented team in the NFC.

• Like 1

I'd go with the Browns. Their roster looked ready to move to the playoffs and the hype was everywhere.

• I guess we should have been more worried about Freddie

The Cowboys are just another Jason Garrett Jerry Jones team.

The Chargers have one 10+ win season this decade. Did we expect a dynasty?

• Sure, we expected more than this but its not a huge shock
  • They had a horrific preseason with injuries and a holdout

The Bears look like a team with Trubisky at QB with an insane kicker-obsessed coach calling 55 passes a game.

• No one loved their offense coming into this season.
  • The defensive stats are not all that much worse but they have 20 less turnovers created.(16 vs 36)
    • maybe 20 more points allowed (4 + this week) and 400-500 more yards allowed.

I think the biggest surprise about the Rams is how good the 49ers have been.

• A Super Bowl hangover is pretty common

Gotta say the Browns. They were a team that really needed a good year; It's been rough for them for a while now. They had all the hype and promise going into the season and it's been absolutely embarrassing at times: the MG incident, Kitchens' t-shirt, etc...

The Rams are up there as one of my favorite teams. So, I was disappointed they didn't do better. Disappointed that Gurley for whatever reason, has not gotten the traction he had last year. It was really weird watching them this season. Very boom or bust, and left me feeling exhausted sometimes.

Not invested much in the others listed. If I had to say anything it's get rid of Mitch/Nagy for the bears and get rid of Rivers for the Chargers. I'd love for a fan of these teams to expand on WTH happened with these two teams.

1 hour ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

A ton of losing this seasons. This is Jared’s first and probably last. 

Goff went 0-7 his first season.... Dude has 77 fumbles and INTs in 53 games. Thats not winning football. 

Its absurd that you make a post defending Goff and bashing Brees. The two arent even in the same stratosphere in terms of talent. 

• Like 4