Most Disappointing Team of 2019

goldfishwars

Which team has disappointed the most?   

103 members have voted

1. 1. Which team has disappointed the most?

The media really sold the Browns, but I felt as if this sort of season was in range. I had them with a 9-7 ceiling at absolute best with a 7-9 season as the most realistic finish, so here we are.

I had the Jets doing what Buffalo did, winning double digits and getting a WC - so that's my disappointment. 

The Browns shouldnt be on this list because all of their expectations came off of hype and nothing they actually done on the field. With that being said I think the most disappointing team in the NFL is the Cowboys. The reason why is of Superbowl expectations mixed in with guys like Dak and Amari playing for big contracts. We expect players playing for contracts to play very well. Zeke got his money so he was not only there to start the season but a happy and healthy guy. The oline got Frederick back so it was supposed to be improved. The defense played well last season so expectations was for them to take another step. The icing on the cake was getting Kellen Moore as the OC who was an upgrade over Scott Linehan. So for the Cowboys to have everything for them in their favor and not only look to miss the playoffs but just be (8-8) is beyond disappointing.

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Sure you can. One team has been decimated by injury and promoted I believe 10 PS players to the active roster. The other, healthy , stacked supposedly and still sucks!

I'd love to go player by player, position by position being lost to injury with every other playoff team and see if they'd "potentiall" be sitting here with a 9-7 season?

That's the difference!

Literally the other team in PA. The Eagles are literally only looking at being a playoff team because their entire division is trash.

Additionally, Seattle has more MGLs and more quality players out according to MGL. SFO has same quality of players but more games lost. Kansas City, New Orleans and Houston too. 

Edited by BlaqOptic

I mean we did fall flat on our faces, but we're tied for 7th in the NFL in SOS, even despite the easy division. Strangely enough, they also have the best Strength of Victory in the NFL at .522, which is the highest I can ever remember for a bad team.

We mostly fell flat on our faces not due to schedule though, but moreso because this is a bad football team.

4 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Bears - Had an impressive year in 2018 where they were unlucky not to progress further in the playoffs. They were looking for further development from a young QB with a host of young talent around him and a defense which had dominance in 2018. Now they look ready to ditch their franchise quarterback completely, their offense looks shapeless and their defense doesn't look anywhere near as threatening. 

like who? 

4 hours ago, tyler735 said:

I'd have to go with Jared "special boy" Goff and the Rams. Going from Super Bowl loss to missing the playoffs finishing 3rd in their division isn't a good look. Curious to see how all those big contracts play out. Something tells me it's not going to be a great outcome.

special boy?   How much time went into that clever nickname?

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Goff went 0-7 his first season.... Dude has 77 fumbles and INTs in 53 games. Thats not winning football. 

Well, apparently it is because he's 32-21 in those 53 games with a Super Bowl appearance...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, frenchie said:

special boy?   How much time went into that clever nickname?

As much time as it took ITS_Rammy_PLAYBOI to come up with it? I'm just rolling with his description of Goff earlier this year.

Edited by tyler735

The Browns for me for obvious reasons. I, and I don't think any Browns fans on here, never bought into the media hype of us being a Super Bowl-caliber team, but we definitely thought we were a playoff-caliber team and anything short of that was going to be a disappointment.

I'd say the Rams or Bears would be the next disappointing teams. I honestly thought LA had a strong shot at reaching the Super Bowl again and now they're not even going to make the playoffs. I'm not surprised that Chicago regressed, but I didn't think they'd regress as much as they have as I thought they'd still make the playoffs and maybe even win their division. Their defense is still good - just not as good as it was last season - and their offense has taken a step back.

I'm not that surprised about the Eagles as I thought they were getting a little overrated heading into the season. But still, they should still be better than they've been.

The Chargers have seemingly always been such a weird team, but there's no doubt that they've been a disappointment as well. They have the talent to at least be a WC team.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

A 3 game win streak, "potential" NFCE title and Playoff appearance?  The other #2 pick in the NFL draft? Please don't ever, ever ever compare Snyder/Allen to Lurie/Roseman! Thanks

3 game win streak over the cesspool of the NFC east. "BuT ThRoW DIvIsOnAl GaMEs ouT"

-Dallas played like trash.
-The Giants were without Daniel Jones who at this point is a substantial upgrade over Eli Manning.
-The Washington Redskins and that roster.
-Combined records of the 3 teams 14-31

Not all 3 game win streaks are equal.
Thanks

Gotta be the chargers for me. 

I said the bears would regress because MT was a one read QB. Check

I said the browns HC was signaling he was a buffoon. Check 

I said the Rams were overrated and would have a Superbowl hangover. Check 

Chargers are befuddling 

6 minutes ago, N4L said:

Gotta be the chargers for me. 

I said the bears would regress because MT was a one read QB. Check

I said the browns HC was signaling he was a buffoon. Check 

I said the Rams were overrated and would have a Superbowl hangover. Check 

Chargers are befuddling 

I would say the Chargers have been inconsistent forever. Everyone cracks on Eli for his all-time W-L record but Rivers isn't that much better

All-time record (including playoffs)
Rivers - 128-106
Eli - 125-121

• Like 1