WC: Titans@Patriots

Manny/Patrick

3 minutes ago, Ryan_W said:

it definitely left a bad taste watching two coaches play with the rules to help decide a game

floppers

You mean simply know them inside and out and how to use them to their teams greatest ability?

I never got this line of thinking.

Just now, Pats#1 said:

I feel like the only way Brady stays is if he gets a multi year contract, probably 2 with a 3rd year option or something, and if he had assurances that he’d actually get some help on offense.

I just can’t see Belichick doing either of those things for him to be honest

Really, eh? I see it as more of a year-to-year venture. Maybe a 2-year extension structured so that if Tom and NE decide to part ways after 2020 there aren’t any financial implications. 

They should still plan on using a premium pick on a QB if one presents itself. 

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

Really, eh? I see it as more of a year-to-year venture. Maybe a 2-year extension structured so that if Tom and NE decide to part ways after 2020 there aren’t any financial implications. 

They should still plan on using a premium pick on a QB if one presents itself. 

I think Brady likes having that one year cushion, but who knows, he is 43 now and maybe he realizes year to year is the only way.

2 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Sorry, what 5 min rule. Think i missed that.

Vrabel taking a couple penalties to run like 2 minutes off the clock late in the 4th quarter. Belichick got real pissy about it on the sidelines, even tho he did the same thing to the Jets earlier this season.

• Like 2

Just now, Bearerofnews said:

Sorry, what 5 min rule. Think i missed that.

You know how a team will take a delay of game to get in better punt position?

The clock winds again outside of 5 minutes left after that kind of penalty.

You can do it again and again until eventually you get called for an unsportsmanlike penalty.

Vrabel wound up taking the clock from 6:40 to about 5 minutes by taking multiple penalties.

New England actually jumped offsides after 2 penalties but the Titans were going to take a 3rd penalty anyway.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

True, but still, it’s like dude, you used this same rule in the regular season. BB just looks pissy complaining about it. But again, that probably is why he’s so good, just refuses to give an inch in anything.

Dude hate's losing.  HATES it.  But you also know that - and it kind of comes from the same mindset of "if you ain't cheatin' you ain't trying to win" - that hatred of losing will fuel him to come back with a fervor to not let it happen again.  If Andy Reid had that quality, he might have actually learned clock management by now.  And yet... here we are.

• Like 1

Just now, SkippyX said:

You know how a team will take a delay of game to get in better punt position?

The clock winds again outside of 5 minutes left after that kind of penalty.

You can do it again and again until eventually you get called for an unsportsmanlike penalty.

Vrabel wound up taking the clock from 6:40 to about 5 minutes by taking multiple penalties.

New England actually jumped offsides after 2 penalties but the Titans were going to take a 3rd penalty anyway.

And get disconnected for excessive penalties

8 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

I think so...I don’t think Brady’s success is tied to McDaniels at all, and I think Brady knows that.

Agreed. I think they have a fine professional relationship, but I don't think they're married to each other.