Who have we interviewed/ requested interviews with

hornbybrown

39 minutes ago, matt27j said:

Don't think creativity is as important of we have the talent.

Ravens run the same plays. As well as pit with ab and bell. Rams. 

Kitchens was too creative if anything. Use your best players and have a set of plays perfected. You watch the Vikings and they capitalized on Cook. That translated into an efficient and explosive pass game. Shouldve been the same with chubb leading the show.

Yeah it’s a balance but Freddie definitely tried some crazy plays at really bad times. Like 3rd and one. That’s a hand off to Chubb or a short pass to Hunt, Jarvis, Odell etc. not the time to pull out a trick play

7 hours ago, matt27j said:

Don't think creativity is as important of we have the talent.

Ravens run the same plays. As well as pit with ab and bell. Rams. 

Kitchens was too creative if anything. Use your best players and have a set of plays perfected. You watch the Vikings and they capitalized on Cook. That translated into an efficient and explosive pass game. Shouldve been the same with chubb leading the show.

No you need to be creative but it’s not about coming up with crazy plays. You gotta be creative on how you are going to use your personnel grouping, your formation, and pre snap motions to disguise your play. I rather run the 5 plays but have 20 different ways to make that play look different. Freddie has 20 plays and they all looked different, so defenses knew it was coming. That’s a great thing Shanny and McVay do, they are very good at making all their plays look the same or have the ability to run the same play in many different ways. 

there is no need to reinvent how to run a trap, counter, power, iso, off tackle, inside zone, or outside zone. Just need to learn how to show a team something that looks like 20 different things but the end result is still a power run. Freddie was actually good at it last year and it gave Baker a lot of info pre snap when they would shift and motion but this year they barely did that at all

• Like 1

Here's the Confirmed interviews:

Confirmed Interviews (https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2020-nfl-head-coach-interview-hire-tracker-news-rumors/)

• Ravens DC Greg Roman on January 2 (Rapoport)
  • Mike McCarthy on January 2 (Rapoport)
  • 49ers DC Robert Saleh on January 4 (Rapoport)
  • Bills OC Brian Daboll on January 5 (Cleveland.com)
  • Patriots OC Josh McDaniels on January 10 (Rapoport)
  • Kansas City OC Eric Bieniemy on January 3rd (Cleveland.com)

Kevin Stefanski is assumed to be an interview some time in the future.

---------------------

This is really turning out to be the comprehensive coaching search that wasn't. 6 hot name coordinators and 1 coach with past successful head coach experience.

Turning to 7 candidates to solve our culture issues. No Special Teams Coordinators or Successful College Culture Leader Coaches.

Edited by Mind Character

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 1:18 PM, Mind Character said:

Here's the Confirmed interviews:

Confirmed Interviews (https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2020-nfl-head-coach-interview-hire-tracker-news-rumors/)

• Ravens DC Greg Roman on January 2 (Rapoport)
  • Mike McCarthy on January 2 (Rapoport)
  • 49ers DC Robert Saleh on January 4 (Rapoport)
  • Bills OC Brian Daboll on January 5 (Cleveland.com)
  • Patriots OC Josh McDaniels on January 10 (Rapoport)
  • Kansas City OC Eric Bieniemy on January 3rd (Cleveland.com)

Kevin Stefanski is assumed to be an interview some time in the future.

---------------------

This is really turning out to be the comprehensive coaching search that wasn't. 6 hot name coordinators and 1 coach with past successful head coach experience.

Turning to 7 candidates to solve our culture issues. No Special Teams Coordinators or Successful College Culture Leader Coaches.

I guess Daboll can be updated to 1/6 and I'm not sure what date McDaniels is now. I'd imagine Stefanski is Friday. From there we would have interviewed 7 candidates. Would've liked to see them interview a college coach or two as well as a non OC/DC type.

47 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

The problem is, he is what we needed, stability.....let the clown show continue...

It all depends on the coaching staff tho

McDaniels can prolly piece together a solid staff. Stef would be a great hire if he gets Kubiak to come as his OC. If they miss out on those guys, it’s officially a clown show yet again and we get stuck with Daboll as HC

• Like 1

Give me Stefanski or McDaniels.

I never really wanted McCarthy. He wouldn't have been a bad hire, but that's not a slam dunk. I think the other two would be better.

I know McDaniels is a bleh human being, but he's a great offensive mind. I'd be happy to land him.
Stefanski is doing a lot with a little in Minnesota. I love his scheme.

• Like 1