Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Will see how much they value marijuana use if that was the big item they wanted, more leniency there.

Oh didn't know that. I read the other day if Bernie became president he would legalize marijuana federally with an executive order on day one and pardon everyone with weed related crimes. Not saying it's likely he wins but that would be crazy if that happened and the NFL was still handing out marijuana suspensions.

I just imagine being a player after the league had another year where the ratings went up and owners raked in cash and this is all they can come up with? One more game and a 1% salary increase?

46 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Damn the new CBA seems like crap too. An extra game for a 1% salary increase. I don't see how the players could accept that.

The players will get a 1.5% increase of the overall revenue which, depending on revenue growth, could add up to a decent increase over the current player salary structure.

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

Damn the new CBA seems like crap too. An extra game for a 1% salary increase. I don't see how the players could accept that.

It's not a 1% salary increase. They get 1% more of the total revenue with or without the 17th game. The 17th game gets them an additional half percent of the revenue share.

If the current revenue adds an extra week to it, you're looking at. (17/16)*(48.5/47) Which is about a 9.6% increase in players' total funds. However the 17/16 may not be 100% accurate due to the playoffs skewing it a bit, so I think realistically you'd be looking at 8% more total for the players. Additionally, they're proposing minimums go up significantly and each year.

Overall assuming those numbers, we'd see the Salary cap jump from ~201M to ~220M

Edited by Danger
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

It's not a 1% salary increase. They get 1% more of the total revenue with or without the 17th game. The 17th game gets them an additional half percent of the revenue share.

If the current revenue adds an extra week to it, you're looking at. (17/16)*(48.5/47) Which is about a 9.6% increase in players' total funds. However the 17/16 may not be 100% accurate due to the playoffs skewing it a bit, so I think realistically you'd be looking at 8% more total for the players. Additionally, they're proposing minimums go up significantly and each year.

Overall assuming those numbers, we'd see the Salary cap jump from ~201M to ~220M

Thanks for clearing that up. Not as bad as I was saying. I still think players will decline and try to bargain for a bit more.

4 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Thanks for clearing that up. Not as bad as I was saying. I still think players will decline and try to bargain for a bit more.

I don't think the revenue is what will be contested. Rather things like an extra bye week, the status of franchise/transition tags, healthcare, pensions, roster sizes. 

On 2/20/2020 at 3:35 PM, BStanRamFan said:

If we somehow do pull off the Slay trade then NRC would likely be a trade or cut candidate to save money and move David Long or Troy Hill into Slot.

Also, Lions were interested in Malcolm Brown last year.  Brown, tag/trade Fowler, Haventstein for Slay?

Lions wouldnt take that. The Rams do not even have any picks so dont see this happening unless maybe its a Copper Kupp for Slay swap or maybe Taylor Rapp and a future 2nd rd pick. I just dont see the Rams having the assets to get Slay really.

1 hour ago, BZski said:

Lions wouldnt take that. The Rams do not even have any picks so dont see this happening unless maybe its a Copper Kupp for Slay swap or maybe Taylor Rapp and a future 2nd rd pick. I just dont see the Rams having the assets to get Slay really.

Incorrect but thank you for playing. 

8 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

XFL is going to be crazy next season

I dont like the possibility of no NFL but screw it these billionaire owners who have probably never even played a game of football before coming through with the "please injury your body and destroy yourself for 250k extra" id say no too lol especially when i know im worth more

Honestly, if the players do decide to strike, I can find other stuff to do in the interim period. I don't hate the billionaire owners, but if the players go on strike to get what they feel they deserve I don't have any problem with that at all. That's business. Go get yours and don't feel bad about it for a second. No one is entitled the right to watch football.

Edited by Hukos
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

Incorrect but thank you for playing. 

Let me rephrase. They dont have the picks it will require to trade for Darius Slay. Unless they do not want to pick until rd 4 this year? It would take their 2nd and 3rd rd pick to get Slay.

Edited by BZski

8 hours ago, BZski said:

Let me rephrase. They dont have the picks it will require to trade for Darius Slay. Unless they do not want to pick until rd 4 this year? It would take their 2nd and 3rd rd pick to get Slay.

So the Rams do have the picks lol. No need to rephrase, just don't post lies in the future. Leave the "rams have no picks" for reddit. 

10 hours ago, Hukos said:

Honestly, if the players do decide to strike, I can find other stuff to do in the interim period. I don't hate the billionaire owners, but if the players go on strike to get what they feel they deserve I don't have any problem with that at all. That's business. Go get yours and don't feel bad about it for a second. No one is entitled the right to watch football.

I’ll find other stuff to do in the interim but I may have a hard time coming back in supporting the current group of players, NFL ownership and management. If that is the move the players and owners want to take and have a lock out, I’m sure you’ll see a lot of fans take a break from the league.