Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Fine, I'll say it if nobody else will:

I'm torn on whether to see him completely fail elsewhere and the Patriots win a Super Bowl, thus me being able to smugly talk crap to every NE fan for the rest of my life about Brady being a system QB

or

Him and the Patriots both suck, thus completing the full circle "You deserve to suck after 20+ years of success" cycle

People still use this crap?

33 minutes ago, Danger said:

I don't think the NFC East is going to be worse than the AFC East next year tbh. 

I agree, but the Combine hasn't even finished so I still go by what we saw last year.

Maybe come training camp I'll switch my stance, but alot of time between now and then. 

On 2/26/2020 at 7:52 AM, HTTRDynasty said:

"Turnaround" doesn't seem like the appropriate word here, considering that it's been more than 10 years since the team made the playoffs and 2 years past that since they won a playoff game.  Turnaround to what exactly?  A team that's picking Top 15 as opposed to Top 5?  It's this kind of attitude that is the reason why the Skins are in the shape they're in.  Snyder and the people he surrounds himself with have no patience or sense of laying a foundation; he's basically Veruca Salt.

giphy.gif

38 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Never said he was a sure thing. Said multiple times he likely isn't elite long term, but the advanced metrics and sample size are large enough that I think he's definitely an above average QB with a chance for stretches we saw.

Brady is 42, immobile, and regressing. He may be the GOAT but in today's NFL, as a rival fan, I'd much rather you go for the latter. 

He’s not a more sure thing than Brady.

Brady will perform much better with a good o-line, great RB, and very good receiving threats (even if he is regressing) just like Tannehill did. The difference is Brady has a history of great QB play. Tannehill does not. 

6 minutes ago, The LBC said:

"Turnaround" doesn't seem like the appropriate word here, considering that it's been more than 10 years since the team made the playoffs and 2 years past that since they won a playoff game.  Turnaround to what exactly?  A team that's picking Top 15 as opposed to Top 5?  It's this kind of attitude that is the reason why the Skins are in the shape they're in.  Snyder and the people he surrounds himself with have no patience or sense of laying a foundation; he's basically Veruca Salt.

giphy.gif

You're taking my "The Browns aren't rebuilding" argument verbatim here, as "re" implies already done so/doing it again.

6 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

He’s not a more sure thing than Brady.

Brady will perform much better with a good o-line, great RB, and very good receiving threats (even if he is regressing) just like Tannehill did. The difference is Brady has a history of great QB play. Tannehill does not. 

He's 42.

I'm sorry, but just assuming Brady doesn't fall off a cliff anytime now is wishful thinking. In today's NFL, immobile QBs are being flushed out. I know Brady is kind of in a different category due to what he's done...but that is going away from what all teams are doing/trying to do. 

Brady's a sure thing in a sense you know he'll be competent...but that's about it imo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

He's 42.

I'm sorry, but just assuming Brady doesn't fall off a cliff anytime now is wishful thinking. In today's NFL, immobile QBs are being flushed out. I know Brady is kind of in a different category due to what he's done...but that is going away from what all teams are doing/trying to do. 

Brady's a sure thing in a sense you know he'll be competent...but that's about it imo.

He was competent with a patchwork o-line, no receiving threats, and a rushing attack that averaged 3.8 ypc. He will be much better than competent if he joins us because our personnel fixes all that and then some. That’s not wishful thinking it’s observing the context that led to his down year in 2019.

With Brady instead of Tannehill, Henry is still gonna be Henry, AJ is still gonna be the same YAC monster, and Smith and Humphries will be better utilized because Tannehill is not as good as Brady at reading and scanning the field.

2 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

He was competent with a patchwork o-line, no receiving threats, and a rushing attack that averaged 3.8 ypc. He will be much better than competent if he joins us because our personnel fixes all that and then some. That’s not wishful thinking it’s observing the context that led to his down year in 2019.

With Brady instead of Tannehill, Henry is still gonna be Henry, AJ is still gonna be the same YAC monster, and Smith and Humphries will be better utilized because Tannehill is not as good as Brady at reading and scanning the field.

And now he's a year older, which is substantial when we're talking about being over 40.

Having a better supporting cast is going to be better of course, but he's still getting older and last year he (and the org. as a whole) looked much worse then normal. 

Again, if you like Brady that's cool. But I'd rather see you guys go with Brady than Tanny at the point in their careers myself easily.

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

And now he's a year older, which is substantial when we're talking about being over 40.

Having a better supporting cast is going to be better of course, but he's still getting older and last year he (and the org. as a whole) looked much worse then normal. 

Again, if you like Brady that's cool. But I'd rather see you guys go with Brady than Tanny at the point in their careers myself easily.

To piggyback, let's realize Brady NEEDS weapons. Henry took off once Mariota got benched and he had great QB play. That offense was humming because of that.

Brady wasn't elevating that team/playing great with limited help. 

12 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Titans need to be careful before they mess with a winning formula, though.  The Vikings went 13-3 in 2017 and decided they were a QB away from being a Super Bowl team.  Is Kirk Cousins a better QB than Case Keenum? I'd say yes, but their offense has struggled to take a step even after adding Cousins and Dalvin Cook.  Granted, a lot of the Vikings issues have been because their defense has taken a step back, but even so ...

Brady is probably slightly better than Tannehill at this stage of his career, but I don't think it's safe to assume he would run the offense measurably better than Tannehill did last season.  Add to that Brady has certainly diminished each of the past 2 seasons, and will diminish further if he plays in 2020.

Edited by TDTimes