Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

34 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Still can't really understand what happened here, even when he was with the bills I thought he was destined to be elite with the right QB. Arguably my favorite receiver prospect EVER.

Injuries. He was constantly hurt in Buffalo, and he never recovered. Sure, he got to playing condition, but he never got back to what made him a dominant player.

He's been able to carve out a somewhat respectable career, but he should have been a top three guy with his baseline skillset.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SkippyX said:

No one is paying 32+ million a year for a 42 year old QB.

He will take a discount wherever he goes (or stays)

I also don't think Brady wants to play on a team that has to use another 32+ of their cap on him.

The Colts would. They have 91 mill in the bank. They could shell out 32+ and have one of the highest cap spaces remaining in the league still. Enough to trade for guys like Stefon Diggs or Odell Beckham Jr. and Julian Edelman and sign Antonio Brown... and even still there is room to spend on plenty of others.

The Colts are one of the few teams where it makes a lot of sense financially for Brady, besides the Patriots.

5 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

And they have how much cap space?

As of right now, $45 mil according to OTC. They also a few options to create more by cutting Sanu, extending Hightower and Gilmore.

But as Rapoport said, being surrounded with more talent is a priority to Brady over salary.

Edited by silence22

42 minutes ago, showtime said:

I'm assuming the thing about this is that they're going to franchise him and then it essentially guarantees a mega deal before the season starts, right?

They should have had a deal done last yr before the season. Don't see what Dallas thinks will change on Dak side as far as the numbers go. 

7 minutes ago, sherm said:

They should have had a deal done last yr before the season. Don't see what Dallas thinks will change on Dak side as far as the numbers go. 

Yeah, the longer they wait the more money Dak will probably want.  To me, it's unreasonable for them to offer less than what Carson Wentz and Jared Goff got, or if they did offer less it can't be all that much less.

I was just assuming they're franchise tagging him because he's a FA, so they hold on to his rights.  Then they get a deal done before the season starts.  There's no way they actually make him play on the franchise tag, do they?

22 minutes ago, showtime said:

Yeah, the longer they wait the more money Dak will probably want.  To me, it's unreasonable for them to offer less than what Carson Wentz and Jared Goff got, or if they did offer less it can't be all that much less.

I was just assuming they're franchise tagging him because he's a FA, so they hold on to his rights.  Then they get a deal done before the season starts.  There's no way they actually make him play on the franchise tag, do they?

Idk honestly. I didn't think it would get this far without him having a long term deal. If they tag him and then work out a long term deal with Amari...I wonder how that will play in the locker room.

55 minutes ago, showtime said:

Honestly believe that is exactly the plan. Kirk Cousins style ala Washington. It's funny how Dak was praised for doing exactly what Jerry asked of him (Show up to camp, say all the right things, have his best statistical season) yet somehow it doesn't result in a long term contract in 2019 but a Franchise Tag 2020.

I hope he holds out Emmitt Style and No shows till a contract is reached. Hell Trent Williams / Vincent Jackson until Week 11. I think the prorated 6 gms played from the Tag # ,is more then last years salary or pretty damn close?