Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Don't see how that adds up at all. Seems more likely that the $50 million refers to potential future earnings in the event he has to cash in his insurance policy. If he had brought in $50 million last year he'd be one of the top 15 or 20 earning athletes in the world and we'd know about it: 

https://www.forbes.com/athletes/#e99cefc55ae5

He's nowhere on this list. ~$50 million in endorsements is what Lebron rakes in, and he a.) is Lebron James and b.) plays a sport where shoe deals are far more lucrative. 

The highest earning NFL guys in terms of endorsements get in the $10-12 million range (Brady, Rodgers, Wilson according to the Forbes list). Even if Dak is bringing in near that much it's nowhere near the 50 mill number that's been floated. 

I dont know what to tell you. I only know thats what Schefter said and he is much more connected than any of us. Maybe its all BS. 

I did look up the royalties (jersey sales, trading cards, etc). Brady is #1 at $2.1m. Dak is #2 at $2.0m. 

And that doesnt include any endorsements or the loss of value policy he had. 

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

Dak makes $50 million per year in endorsements?  Wow.

Prescott has loss-of-value and disability insurance policies, as well as multiyear endorsement deals, that all together are valued at more than $50 million, league sources told ESPN.

Everything combined. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27566538/dak-wait-bolstered-insurance-ads

Dak makes about 2 million in endorsements. The 50 is absolutely 100% without any doubt whatsoever an insurance figure.

One of Zekes financial problems leading to the holdout was that he was such a turd off the field that he made almost nothing in endorsements.

On 2/6/2020 at 12:08 AM, Forge said:

The nice thing is that the tag and trade thing has really started to take off, so I agree with you there. It's unfortunate though; Jones is an animal

Tag and trade should be banned frankly. The player's contract is up, why should the team be able to get anything for them? Absolutely ridiculous IMO

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Danger said:

Tag and trade should be banned frankly. The player's contract is up, why should the team be able to get anything for them? Absolutely ridiculous IMO

Because maybe the team wants to keep them, but the player wants to leave. In that case, why would they not be able to negotiate anything from another team for him?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Because maybe the team wants to keep them, but the player wants to leave. In that case, why would they not be able to negotiate anything from another team for him?

Because his contract is up. Tagging a player when their contract is up and then getting assets for them when they aren't originally under contract is BS.

I've hated the franchise tag for a long time, but tag-n-trade is just asinine.

22 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Since it ties in FA somehow, can we comment on some surprise cuts or people being let go in this offseason?

Michael Brockers is likely done with the Rams. Cory Littleton is likely done with the Rams. Dante Fowler will probably be tagged and traded if a long term deal can't be struck. 

Where did you see that Littleton is likely done with the Rams and that Fowler will be tagged? 

4 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Where did you see that Littleton is likely done with the Rams and that Fowler will be tagged? 

No reports. Personal opinion. 

Littleton has priced himself out of spending abilities. Letting Fowler walk for a comp pick next year would be the worst thing we can do. 

57 minutes ago, Danger said:

I thought the intention of the franchise tag was not for a tag and trade but to buy more time. Considering tag and trades rarely acruallly happen, I don’t think it should be a huge issue. Jared Allen was a tag and trade, who else since 2008?