(Polls) Finalists Set: Choose Your Preferred GM/HC Pairing

Mind Character

Which Finalist GM/HC Pairing do you want us to choose?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which Finalist GM/HC Pairing do you want us to choose?

• GM: Dave Ziegler/Nick Caserio; HC: Josh McDaniels
    • GM: Andrew Berry; HC: Kevin Stefanski
    • GM: Eliot Wolf; HC: Mike McCarthy
  2. 2. Which Pairing will ultimately be selected by the Haslams?

3. 3. Which Pairing has the greatest chance of blowing up in an epic fashion?

31 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He coached Foles to a 27/2 season,

Then coached him the next season to 13/10.

34 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

had Keenum looking like a stud in Minny

He did have a great year for who he is.

37 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

and Jones playing some damned fine ball this year.

Well our QB sucked turning it over 23 times and he looked damned fine doing it in 3 fewer games? 11 fumbles lost, but 7 were recovered by the offense, still he should have told his QB not to fumble 18 times in 13 games.

I'm not saying Shumur sucks but elite OC? If you just look at specific seasons like Foles in 2013 and Keenum in 2017 and base everything off of that, then sure I guess. I think you have to take all 20 years of his coaching into consideration though and that tells me meh, could do worse but he hasn't sustained any success anywhere.

11 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well our QB sucked turning it over 23 times and he looked damned fine doing it in 3 fewer games? 11 fumbles lost, but 7 were recovered by the offense, still he should have told his QB not to fumble 18 times in 13 games.

I'm not saying Shumur sucks but elite OC? If you just look at specific seasons like Foles in 2013 and Keenum in 2017 and base everything off of that, then sure I guess. I think you have to take all 20 years of his coaching into consideration though and that tells me meh, could do worse but he hasn't sustained any success anywhere.

Ok I guess, name a guy who’s a better OC that we could hire.

I’ve decided I want Urban

hed bring in the best staff

and I think he’s be ok working with Paul

if they can find a GM that would work together I want Urban

we need leadership number 1 out of all things

and I think he’s the best leader who can build a legitimate program available 

Edited by brownie man
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah he’s a great OC but not a HC.

One thing I like about him is he’s already been a HC twice and I doubt he gets another shot, so he could in theory be here for the long haul with Baker.

I'd love it, but I just don't see it happening. But the slim chance of it happening makes Stefanski even more appealing to me as HC.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol wut?

He’s a proven, elite OC, just not a HC.

He coached Foles to a 27/2 season, had Keenum looking like a stud in Minny and Jones playing some damned fine ball this year.

He’s an elite OC with HC experience who’s worked with Stefanski before.  

We’d be absurdly lucky to get him tbh.

%100. I’d love to have him back as OC. Love to have his experience to help Stefanski out. Lastly I really like him as an individual, just was crap at HC. From what I remember he loved it here. (Waits for Mind to lambaste me that that’s not an elite coaching trait and I know nothing)

If for nothing more than a decade of what might be boring stability, I think that McCarthy should get serious consideration.  Is he the new Jag that does 0-60 in 3.5 seconds?  Is he the 2016 Chevy Tahoe that has gotten you to and from work every day since you've purchased it, never once breaking down, and never getting stuck in the mud?  Yeah, probably.  I'd love a decade of steady from a Super Bowl winning coach.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Just heard a podcast with some browns reporters that mentioned stefanski and mike McDaniel are friends and have gone to coaching clinics together. Yes give me that pair. 

Interesting info.

As long as McDaniel has his alcoholism under control and Stefanski hires a staff redundancy in case McDaniel falls off the wagon due to the stressors of the job, he's a brilliant mind and could give us the 49ers explosive play action offense mixed with Stefanski's explosive designs. Would prefer La Fleur not just because he lacks the off-the-field issues but also because according to people in the league he has the it factor and better coordination acumen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Success is a game by game, year by year proposition in the NFL.

The point is that Shumur got multiple QBs of varying skillsets and talents on different teams all to play either at their highest level or a high level: Sam Bradford (Eagles and Philly), Nick Foles, Case Keenum, Daniel Jones, etc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Success is a game by game, year by year proposition in the NFL.

The point is that Shumur got multiple QBs of varying skillsets and talents on different teams all to play either at their highest level or a high level: Sam Bradford (Eagles and Philly), Nick Foles, Case Keenum, Daniel Jones, etc.

I’m completely ok with him as our next OC. I do think 95% of browns nation riots but I don’t care about that 

• Like 1