Divisional: TEN@BAL

Manny/Patrick

4 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

Just because you don't agree doesn't mean it's trolling. 

The Titans had they started Tannehill all year will probably be the 2nd best offensive team by DVOA that the Ravens play. They lost to the best one. It's not far fetched to say this Titans offense is going to be the Ravens hardest test in awhile. The numbers point to it. 

I agree with the 2nd post. The Titans have the best QB/RB tandem. Lamar is better than Tannehill for me but Henry makes up the difference vs Ingram. 

Had the Ravens had their current 7 new players on defense from the start they would probably be the best defensive team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lolsurebro said:

I'm not necessarily siding with Baltimore, I'm just stating the facts. There is no way Tennessee hangs with Baltimore in this game.

And yes, Titans fans, I am salty we lost but you know what? We deserved it. Our offense struggled all year, they needed a wakeup call. These big heads coming out though thinking that beating a limping NE this year means they have a real shot at Baltimore or the superbowl is pretty funny.

You're talking about the Titans taking on the highest scoring offense, with a top 5 defense. I would love for someone to explain to me how they stand a legitimate chance.

Well, I think BAL will end up winning, but I also respect TEN and what they're doing. They have a lot of problems to deal with, and whilst we dealt with a couple of them (AJ, Jonnu etc) they certainly were worth their victory and deserved it. 

As for the upcoming game - they obviously need the same from Henry. If they can put together huge, time consuming drives which result in TDs, it would be hard for anyone to live with them. Obvs we know BAL will do the same....could be good.

I honestly think Tennessee has to steal not one, but multiple possessions. If the Titans pull off the upset, it's because Baltimore turns it over 3-4 times and Tennessee protects the ball.

If the turnover margin is 0-0, I don't think the Titans really have much of a chance. They'll get a couple of scores in, but Balitmore is just too efficient on offense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

Pees’ defense had success against Roman’s offense in the Super Bowl until the lights went out and San Fran grabbed a hold of the momentum. Jackson>>Kaep though

Not sure when people are going to understand that Lamar is the difference maker not the scheme??  Sure the scheme puts him in a position to succeed but his god given abilities is what sets this offense apart.. 

Pees’ defense had success against Roman’s offense in the Super Bowl until the lights went out and San Fran grabbed a hold of the momentum. Jackson>>Kaep though

I saw this on twitter as well, and when I played this was the same approach we had to deal with this sort of offense.

At the moment there is a lot of trolling from both sides and even more from other teams and new accounts. In the Ravens board the Titans is acknowledged as a team who can beat the Ravens if the game swing their way. Ravens have had difficulties with outside zone and Henry can really do some damage here. Ravens blitz a lot and Tannehill has done well against the blitz and they have a great playmaker in AJ Brown. It looks like rain which would help the downhill running game and make AJ Brown more difficult to tackle, so the Titans have opportunities to get the upper hand here.

On defense the Titans have a few playmakers, Byard can make the interceptions and there is still talent on that dline. In rainy weather and a fumble from Lamar/a RB and Titans take it to the house and combined with the offense scoring, the Titans coming red hot out of the gate to an early lead against a Ravens team which is a bit rusty can mean Titans can play the game on their terms.

So yeah, of course Titans can win, but a lot of things has to go right and not much can go wrong. Ravens fans are reacting to provocative posts in here, and while most of us are convinced this is a good matchup for us, we acknowledge that despite being favorites, Titans has a chance to win

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Letsch80 said:

Not sure when people are going to understand that Lamar is the difference maker not the scheme??  Sure the scheme puts him in a position to succeed but his god given abilities is what sets this offense apart.. 

People are well aware of this, which is exactly why I stated...

Jackson>>Kaep though

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Danand said:

I saw this on twitter as well, and when I played this was the same approach we had to deal with this sort of offense.

At the moment there is a lot of trolling from both sides and even more from other teams and new accounts. In the Ravens board the Titans is acknowledged as a team who can beat the Ravens if the game swing their way. Ravens have had difficulties with outside zone and Henry can really do some damage here. Ravens blitz a lot and Tannehill has done well against the blitz and they have a great playmaker in AJ Brown. It looks like rain which would help the downhill running game and make AJ Brown more difficult to tackle, so the Titans have opportunities to get the upper hand here.

On defense the Titans have a few playmakers, Byard can make the interceptions and there is still talent on that dline. In rainy weather and a fumble from Lamar/a RB and Titans take it to the house and combined with the offense scoring, the Titans coming red hot out of the gate to an early lead against a Ravens team which is a bit rusty can mean Titans can play the game on their terms.

So yeah, of course Titans can win, but a lot of things has to go right and not much can go wrong. Ravens fans are reacting to provocative posts in here, and while most of us are convinced this is a good matchup for us, we acknowledge that despite being favorites, Titans has a chance to win

If there is rain, someone else said it best - I would much prefer a tractor in the mud than a ferrari. I think the rain would play in to our hands.

I'm glad someone is acknowledging we have the talent on the defensive side to at least make it interesting - in the secondary there's Byard (as you mentioned), Logan Ryan (who tied for 8th in interceptions amongst CB's), Vacarro is great in the box and solid in coverage, and Adoree returned last week, played well, and has developed in to a good #1 corner for us. On the d-line Daquan Jones is one of the best NT's in the league nobody pays attention to, we still have Casey, and Jeffery Simmons has lived up to the draft hype. Then you have Evans in our LB corps who proved why he was a first rounder with the goal line stand against NE:

And I'm not saying we're going to stop a historic rushing attack, but we do have the talent and minds in Vrabel and Pees that have the ability to atleast make it interesting. If Buffalo was able to keep it to 1 score, I believe we can too, and then anything can happen.

Edited by dtait93

Titans will get blown out by at least 3 scores. If we're luckily it might still be semi-competitive at halftime. We have basically no chance of slowing the Ravens offense down, and Tannehill looked like the Miami edition in the playoff game.

Ravens stomp the Titans, 48-20.

• Like 1

i think a lot will depend on whether we can keep it close early. the titans are a tough, resilient team that play their best ball late in the game, so if we can keep it within a score or so going into the 4th quarter i think we'll have a real shot at stealing this one. however, the ravens are great at getting out to early leads. if we let them do that things get a LOT tougher for us, and we'll probably lose by a couple of scores. i unfortunately think that that latter scenario is the most likely, but if things fall right for us and we come out playing strong we miiiight just have a shot.

Edited by -Hope-

4 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Keep making my day, pal. I;m soaking this up. As you know well, this is the playoffs, anything can happen. The Ravens are the favorites, no doubt, but the Titans aren't going to lay down, we play everyone tough. If you think we have no chance in this game, you're most likely in for a rude awakening.

I think the Titans have a better shot at beating the Ravens than the Patriots do.  Just saying lol. And I'm a pats fan, too, btw, but gotta give credit where it is due. 

4 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Tbh, Conventional logic says Baltimore is gonna blow the Titans out and they might.

But I'd Tennessee can use Henry to chew off large chunks of clock and get into the endzone with their drives consistently, it is very possible they could pull off the upset. They gotta be smart with the football while keeping Jackson off of the field.

The patriots laid out the blueprint in the 2nd half of their game on how to stop Henry. The more I think about it, the more I think Ravs will roll

PS: just a thought, BB is 10-10 against for coaches. Vrabel is not going to be trying to outfox BB this weekend. 

Edited by Split the Sticks

3 hours ago, Danand said:

Had the Ravens had their current 7 new players on defense from the start they would probably be the best defensive team. 

👌

Perfect response. Wish I’d thought of it. Use unprovable logic to defeat his unproveable Logic about Tannehill leading the team to the second best offense in football and Tannehill being superior to Lamar.

• Like 1

I've doubted the Titans a lot before the season started and against the Patriots last week.  The Titans have been impressive and they have a shot to win this game.  I'm looking forward to watching Derrick Henry smash mouth into that Ravens defense.  I still feel like Lamar Jackson has something to prove here.  He was the MVP of the regular season, but he needs to do it in the postseason now.