Who do you want as head coach?

CBrownsman

Who do you want to be head coach?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best choice of who we will interview/have interviewed?

2. 2. Who is the worst choice?

• Greg Roman
    • Brian Daboll
    • Robert Saleh
    • Eric Bieniemy
    • Jim Schwartz
    • Kevin Stefanski
    • Josh McDaniels

18 minutes ago, BooyaCS09 said:

See Josh was the last guy to go on Friday.  Stories are coming out on how Bill B kinda screwed him by not letting him move up his interviews.  So the Browns are the last team standing.  Also if you are prepping for a big game or big x at your job and while you applied for a promotion you are still working on your job.  Would you want to know prior to your big engagement that you didn't get the promotion?  Emotions can take over and you could be degected etc.  Or would you rather go through the large engagement then find out you didn't get it?  

Telling them right before a game could be a distraction.....wait until after

Great read up on Ed Dodds who Browns requested to interview for GM. Most assosciate him with Saleh because they both came from SEA, but certain things suggest perhaps he could get along with a McDaniels even though Joshua bailed last yurr.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stampedeblue.com/platform/amp/2019/5/20/18631839/ed-dodds-is-a-top-gm-candidate-so-how-long-can-the-colts-keep-him

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Great read up on Ed Dodds who Browns requested to interview for GM. Most assosciate him with Saleh because they both came from SEA, but certain things suggest perhaps he could get along with a McDaniels even though Joshua bailed last yurr.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stampedeblue.com/platform/amp/2019/5/20/18631839/ed-dodds-is-a-top-gm-candidate-so-how-long-can-the-colts-keep-him

He's been on our radar for some time. Dodd is number one on our GM list, regardless of who we hire. If he says yes, he's the guy. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

This would give me a stiffy

I don't see how shanny let's them leave to an offensive minded HC who may call plays. He blocked them last year for that reason, but let Denver take scangarello because Vic is a defensive guy and needed a full on OC

This hire (assuming it happens with Saleh) is one of the most disappointing hires I've ever witnessed at the end of a Browns coaching search.

Nothing certain regarding how things will turn out. Maybe he becomes the greatest coach in history.

By all indicators however, the search for a successful Culture/Program Leader should not have ended up with Saleh.

To be honest, I’m just in disbelief that we’ve had head-coaching searches two straight seasons and the process has been as cluttered as it’s been. Totally unprofessional job it seems to me. Like, no clear plan. I am not a McDaniels fan but until yesterday I at least thought we went into this thinking we had our guy in mind. This is insanity.

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't see how shanny let's them leave to an offensive minded HC who may call plays. He blocked them last year for that reason, but let Denver take scangarello because Vic is a defensive guy and needed a full on OC

See below:

On 12/17/2019 at 1:03 AM, Mind Character said:

In this case, they couldn't block it because it would be a promotion.

Mike McDaniel's official capacity is "Running Game Coordinator" 

..and Mike LaFleur's official capacity is "Passing Game Coordinator"

So, as long as Kyle doesn't offer one of them an OC job at the end of the Season he couldn't officially block it.

He blocked LaFleur last year from joining brother in Green Bay because he was Wide-Receiver's Coach/Pass Game Coordinator and shared the pass coordination title with someone else. So, it was a promotion to be named full time pass game coordinator.

Eventually these guys are going to get a chance to go out on their own and after prolonged playoff run they'll probably get their chance.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1