GDT NFC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP: Packers @ San Francisco 49ers

squire12

Just now, coachbuns said:

Yup, it happens.  Niners have sucked for number of years.  They had 5 -1st round picks on their D line ... 3 of them top 10 picks.  That doesn't include all the other top rated picks in all their other rounds.   Next year it will start falling apart due to everybody wanting to get paid, coaches getting hired, etc.  It's part of the NFL cycle.

Yup, nowadays you suck for a while and then win a super bowl.  Or you have a HOF QB that makes you pretty good for a while but not good enough for a super bowl.  

Same thing will happen with Mahomes.  He's cheap right now so they're loaded and he very well might win his first.  Then he will get a mega deal and the rest of the roster will fall apart. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Defense has failed him for a good chunk of his playoff career but when you aren't putting up points/sustaining drives AND turning the ball over in your own territory, you aren't without a good part of the blame. The run defense was abused all night, but this game may still have been within reach if they don't have the botched snap in FG range and if Rodgers doesn't throw that INT in the final minute of the 2nd quarter. Legit cost themselves at least a FG, and gifted the Niners their TD right before half. Game would have been within reach that 2nd half rather than a blowout with Rodgers and co just stat padding down 3-4 scores for most of that 2nd half

No it wouldn't have.  Packers run D was terrible ... 280 yards given up.  There was no chance.  

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Your defense can't give up 27 points in one half....EVER. I don't care about the circumstances, the opposing team or any other factor. That's embarrassing. You'd be hard pressed to find another team in the NFL who's D would have surrendered 27 in the first half tonight. 

I agree with that. The offense should also not have put up a goose egg either.

I'm over it... Rodgers is still an MVP player. An older MVP player that has been deprived of any early round picks "most" of his career. This is not 2011... How many years were there wasted first, 2nd, and 3rd round pick dumped into a defense while 12 kept this team competitive... So now when he's a little older he doesn't have it? No, he isn't young Aaron, but he is good for plenty of throws, we just need a more complete team. It will get there... Gute is not TT. Not many expected 13-3... Patience, party people... Our chapter has not closed... I hate losing, but I do not think our window was shut tonight. That being said, I do not think this is the last time we are in an NFC title game with the 9'ers in the next couple years...

8 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

I'm over it... Rodgers is still an MVP player. An older MVP player that has been deprived of any early round picks "most" of his career. This is not 2011... How many years were there wasted first, 2nd, and 3rd round pick dumped into a defense while 12 kept this team competitive... So now when he's a little older he doesn't have it? No, he isn't young Aaron, but he is good for plenty of throws, we just need a more complete team. It will get there... Gute is not TT. Not many expected 13-3... Patience, party people... Our chapter has not closed... I hate losing, but I do not think our window was shut tonight. That being said, I do not think this is the last time we are in an NFC title game with the 9'ers in the next couple years...

Just stop! You have a top 5-7 QB in the NFL. He is not the problem.

Major weakness all year was not stopping the run.  We got exposed in a big way.  We have been talking about this all season.  We need IDL help.   We need a big run stuffing DT that was the missing piece and has been all season.  On to the draft.  I went snowmobiling to get this loss out of my system calmed down now.  Time to reflect.  Still don't want to hear the nobody expected this season crap.  That's no consolation after such a bitter defeat.  IDL and ILB to fortify the D.  Also a good press corner.  On offense pick up a few weapons and we should be ok.  The middle of the D needs to be strengthened.  You can't win if you can't stop the run.  Expect Gutey to fix this in the offseason.

16 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

yeah Todd, stop posting your own opinions in your own team forum

lol, cant a top 5 - 7 qb still be an MVP? Not sure what I said there other than the dude has carried a team for a long time and is finally getting help with talent around him... Its been a long time since our draft picks have actually looked like they would be successful... Did that poster feel I was bashing 12? I definitely was not... 

1 minute ago, KFP7 said:

We were really lucky with health this year.  What happens if Jaire/King miss a good amount of time next year?  Depth all along the defense seems pretty thin.  

yea, the health was ridiculous this year. just one starter missing major time in Taylor and he might've lost his job anyways. Very nearly the injury luck of the spotless 2014 team.