Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

That McShay blurb on Etienne makes sense. I think he's the only RB we'd take that high though. Would be a great pairing with Robinson.

Usually am not of the mindset of a RB early but I'm here for stacking it up around Trevor.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Forge said:

Simms has Justin Fields going 32 in his mock. What in the world is going on. Casserly had him 24

Either the epilepsy is a bigger deal than we think, or it’s a Teddy Bridgewater situation where the media is higher on him than the league. 

6 hours ago, Danger said:
6 hours ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Shanny had them at pick #14 having to play Mullens and Beathard 10 games this year. I’m really not seeing them picking in the Top 10 especially both of the next two seasons

gettyimages-1187463492.jpg

Dont forget about this guy sliding back into the starting lineup

Mudslide Sliding GIF - Mudslide Sliding Nope GIFs

The niners are returning 9 of 11 starters on defense from last year. I see no reason to expect a major drop off 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

With all this talk of teams being unhappy with the medical rechecks, I think injury guys are going to slide. Farley and Phillips should be out of your first round mocks now, and I’m not convinced Justin Fields is going in round 1. 

Is this due to the medical condition he is thought to have outgrown and has never led to him missing any playing time? 

11 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Is this due to the medical condition he is thought to have outgrown and has never led to him missing any playing time? 

Yep. Teams could be reluctant to gamble on a QB if they lack the confidence about his medical state. 

32 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Yep. Teams could be reluctant to gamble on a QB if they lack the confidence about his medical state. 

I mean, yeah they could. But I would be astonished if Fields fell far for that specific reason when so many teams are this QB hungry. There would have to be more to it.

• Like 3

Basically I think there’s 3 possibilities with Fields

1. It’s a medical thing related to the epilepsy

2. Fields is the Teddy Bridgewater of 2021 and the league just isn’t as high on him as the media

3. It’s a big smokescreen and he’s going in the top 10 

6 hours ago, Forge said:

Simms has Justin Fields going 32 in his mock. What in the world is going on. Casserly had him 24

Fields going that late would mean.... Denver, Minnesota, NE, LV, WFT, Chicago would all be out on him.  That would be very surprising