Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

As someone who hasn’t followed the draft as closely this year, why did Thibodeaux drop so hard in recent mocks? He was once the consensus #1 overall pick, now I’ve seen him drop to ATL at 8. What gives?

Work ethic concerns I believe 

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Just put it out this AM as far as what he’s hearing.

Giants should go Cross there. If sauce falls to 7 get him or Jermaine will be there. They need OL so badly can’t risk losing Cross to Panthers. Play the odds. Even though Sauce is higher on the board. 

7 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Giants should go Cross there. If sauce falls to 7 get him or Jermaine will be there. They need OL so badly can’t risk losing Cross to Panthers. Play the odds. Even though Sauce is higher on the board. 

Do you think Cross can move off LT? I have my reservations. Andrew Thomas took a step forward last year didn’t he?

Just now, .Buzz said:

Do you think Cross can move off LT? I have my reservations. Andrew Thomas took a step forward last year didn’t he?

Thomas was a stud last year. Thomas has college experience at RT (been a while but freshman all American at RT). But might not want to mess with a good thing. Penning at 7 just feels too rich 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

Thomas was a stud last year. Thomas has college experience at RT (been a while but freshman all American at RT). But might not want to mess with a good thing. Penning at 7 just feels too rich 

Yeah, not sure I’m wanting to take either off LT is the issue there. Guess we’ll see but I could see defense/defense, maybe a WR somehow sneaks in.

I’m getting so sick of hearing every year “Team XYZ is going to trade back into the end of the first round to get the fifth year option on a QB”

No one cares about the option for QBs. If the guy is a franchise QB he will be signed to a huge deal way before the option year.

Since the option was invented only two teams have traded into the late first for a QB. Minnesota for Teddy in 2014 and the Ravens for Jackson four years after that and I’m really not convinced that the option was a motivating factor in either of those cases. I think the Vikings were worried that the Texans at 33 would take their guy and the Ravens were worried about the Giants at 34 or that someone else might trade up. 

On 3/9/2022 at 9:44 AM, Scoundrel said:

Cross isn't worth a top-5 selection.