Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

39 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I don't like him nearly as much as Ickey and Neal. And if the Giants take Cross, they have to move either Andrew Thomas, who played really well last year at LT, or Charles Cross, who has never played anything but LT, to the right side. It could be a disaster.

Right, which is why I don’t understand or necessarily buy the Giants infatuation with him. It’s an odd fit.

• Like 1

The Jags would be better served going Walker at 1 anyway IMO

Hutch is fine but he’s just so meh for a #1 pick. Like he strikes me as a consistent 7-9 sack a year guy. Which again is fine but at 1.1 swing for the fences with a freak like Walker whose ceiling could be 11+ sacks a year 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

Hutch is fine but he’s just so meh for a #1 pick. Like he strikes me as a consistent 7-9 sack a year guy. Which again is fine but at 1.1 swing for the fences with a freak like Walker whose ceiling could be 11+ sacks a year 

I’ve had a tough time with it. This organization at this point just needs to hit on some players. I think the Walker floor is fairly high but the pass rush being largely non-existent in college is a big red flag for me, especially at 1.1.

If there was ever a draft to do it though, this is the year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

I’ve had a tough time with it. This organization at this point just needs to hit on some players. I think the Walker floor is fairly high but the pass rush being largely non-existent in college is a big red flag for me, especially at 1.1.

If there was ever a draft to do it though, this is the year.

Yeah thats why id go Hutch if I were you guys. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Bingo.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Forge said:

If Thibs is there, I think he's the pick for the Jets. I know that Douglas may want an offensive lineman, so it may be a bit of a "fight" between he and Saleh, but Thibs would be insanely hard to pass up 

I don’t think Douglas is going to want an OL at 4 unless 3 EDGE go 1-3 and he can’t move back. 

Everything is possible but I don't see why the Giants would want to draft Cross. 
He ain't as good as a prospect as Andrew Thomas was so then you'd probably have to move him to the right side, which he never played. If that's the plan at least draft Ickey or Neal, both of them would be great guards if they don't hack it at RT. If I'm the Giants I would try to grab a DE and CB with their two top ten picks. Or trade back from their 7th pick and draft OL later on in the 1st

Edited by MagicMT

I’m struggling to see QB landing spots given the strong rumors that the Panthers are going to take an OT at 6 and then trade for Mayfield.

I honestly expect the Steelers to stay at 20 and have their pick of the litter. Malik Willis would surely be the pick at that point. 

Detroit at 32 are surely likely to draft a QB. Then you’ve got two QB needy teams in Seattle and Atlanta who both have two second rounders, so I you could see one or both of them trading into the back end of the first to leapfrog Detroit and get the second guy. Other than that I’m pretty stumped on landing spots. 

13 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

I’m sorry but I don’t get your reasoning. In Trey Hendrickson can be a consistent double digit sack guy…why not Hutchinson so is better in just about every way? Walker has no pass rush moves. It’d be beyond stupid to draft someone with the pray that they can do something they didn’t do at a lower level of competition. If the Jags don’t want Hutchinson, 100% should trade back. But would if they can’t? Of course they can…they may not get a bounty, but they’d be able to trade back. 

12 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

I honestly expect the Steelers to stay at 20 and have their pick of the litter. Malik Willis would surely be the pick at that point. 

No way. It’s misinformation season now anyway, so I would take all reports with a grain of salt. Plus, as open as the Steelers’ need for a QB is, there’s no way the rest of the league sits on its hands and lets them take Willis at 20 if any other team is interested in him at all.

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

No way. It’s misinformation season now anyway, so I would take all reports with a grain of salt. Plus, as open as the Steelers’ need for a QB is, there’s no way the rest of the league sits on its hands and lets them take Willis at 20 if any other team is interested in him at all.

Unless teams are content to wait for next season's QBs.  But in general, I agree.

24 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Unless teams are content to wait for next season's QBs.  But in general, I agree.

Which is why I said unless there's just no interest at all.  And since all 32 teams went to his Pro Day, I doubt it.

Hell, if he fell to 19, I'd be all for the Titans moving up to snag him.

10 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Which is why I said unless there's just no interest at all.  And since all 32 teams went to his Pro Day, I doubt it.

Hell, if he fell to 19, I'd be all for the Titans moving up to snag him.

If he somehow fell to 19 (or even 16) and the Saints didn't draft him, I'd be going full Karen and making some calls to speak to Saints management.