2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

7 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Sanders was the best bet of the bunch and the deal he got was affordable.  I think he could have stepped right in and produced.  Would have been the perfect guy for us for the next couple seasons.  We missed on that guy twice. 

Sanders had all his production in 2 games after being traded and was a JAG in the rest. I don't get the love but....🤷

Would have been interested in Anderson, have been intrigued by him ever since he gave Jaire absolute hell in that game at the end of 2018.  That being said, he's more or less exactly what you hope MVS will develop into, so there's still a chance you end up with that player on roster anyway and you don't have to pay $10 million.  

I just don't see receiver as much of a hole.  EQ will be back and MVS should be all healed up in the legs, another year in the offense and the NFL for the young guys, and a truly elite WR1 to draw coverage; can't see it as an area to panic over.  Probably not a position of strength unless someone takes a massive jump, but there's a good deal of untapped potential there still, and I'm generally fine with saving money to see how that turns out.

40 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Sanders had all his production in 2 games after being traded and was a JAG in the rest. I don't get the love but....🤷

I agree but it is also difficult to walk into a new system with a new QB and expect to just gel. This was a 1/2 year rental that turned out OK for San Fran. 

At this point I'd love to see the Packers sign a fatty on the Dline that can play the run, and the  maybe a one year deal with Breshad Perriman.  Perriman is scary on a long term deal, but on a one year incentive laden contract I really like him.  He logged some starts late last seaaon and finally produced with 500 yds receiving in his final 5 games.  That's not enough to sell teams on giving up a big deal, but it might be enough to intrigue a guy like Gute into a nice one-year incentive laden prov it deal.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

44 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Why hasn’t anything happened with Lane Taylor? I haven’t had the time to follow it closely

I don't know .. maybe they just think he's too good to cut, and are holding out for a trade. Perhaps they want him to compete with Billy Turner for the RG job?  It's not like Turner set the world on fire last season, and he makes a much higher salary. 

love the patient bargain shopping by Gutey, hope he keeps it up. i'd like a iDL, someone like Shelby Harris or Snacks Harrison. then perhaps a vet TE like Delanie Walker, he was cut so wouldn't affect comp formula. and then bring Tramon back. wouldn't that be a great offseason so far?