2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

26 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I just want one more fat guy on the DLine better than Tyler Lancaster. That's a very very low threshold. 

I want one DL better than Lancaster, Lowry, and Adams.

I cannot fathom that Gute is OK with these stiffs.

Lowry I can understand keeping a roster spot as he was (just) OK in 2018 and Gute unwisely gave him a new contract last offseason so cutting him would be a waste of resources.

But Lancaster and Adams have done nothing to merit roster spots.

Please get someone better to stop the run Gute.

17 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Horrible draft .. tons of holes still.  We better just figure out a way to sign Snacks, Clay, Tramon and probably Taylor Gabriel and then call it a day. 

Don't worry, we'll do none of this.

• Like 3

I think judging from this class: 

-MLF wants to run more. I see more 2te sets this year 

-The fo still has faith in MVS or ESB developing. I kind of get it, still wish we would have grabbed a guy

-the FO is okay with 1-2 do your job role players playing on the DL and might have faith still in Adams or Keke. I think fans are more down on Lancaster /Lowry than they should be. They aren’t great but aren’t terrible either

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

If Jordan Love is a franchise QB.     A+

If Jordan Love sucks      C max, F min

If Love doesn’t pan out, I’d drop my grade to a D, cuz I have to think 2, maybe 3 of these dudes stick, even if just rotational players.  To me, an F is warranted if we literally see zero fruits from this draft, and I have hope we will.

6 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I think fans are more down on Lancaster /Lowry than they should be. They aren’t great but aren’t terrible either

Lancaster is a bottom of the roster, UDFA run-stuffer. If he sticks, OK whatever.

Lowry, however, played a lot of snaps and offered nothing as a pass rusher. He was also continuously washed out in the run game. His snaps need to come down and come down dramatically moving forward.

And don't forget Adams. He was absolutely terrible in 2019 -- worse than either Lowry or Lancaster.

I pray Keke improves enough to take some of the snaps, but a legitimate run-stuffer is by far the Packers biggest roster need IMO.