General off-season discussion/plan thread

N4L

15 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Ok, I'm throughly confused...what does this have to do with Goodwin excatly?

He, and a few other prominent black athletes were on social media giving props to Desean Jackson's position on a post that basically promoted Antisemitism. Look into it yourself. Pretty disgusting. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

49ers WR Jalen Hurd is expected to play the "big slot" role this season.

Per beat writer David Lombardi, the 49ers strive for "position-less" football, and Hurd might be the prime example. The former Vols running back could handle a couple carries per game, catch passes over the middle of the field, or use his 6-foot-4 inch frame to block on the edge -  likely busting common personnel groupings defenses match-up against. If Hurd is the "big slot," that makes Trent Taylor the "small slot." Both are coming off injuries that forced them to miss the entire 2019 season.

Just now, PapaShogun said:

He, and a few other prominent black athletes were on social media giving props to Desean Jackson's position on a post that basically promoted Antisemitism. Look into it yourself. Pretty disgusting. 

And unfortunately, this is nothing new for Jewish communities world wide. Perhaps the most persecuted ethnicity of all time. Just look at the history, some of which people want to deny (I've had 2 students argue with me that the Holocaust was a hoax!). So much hate in this world. Despicable.

>:( :(

Edited by Chrissooner49er
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

Just a thought if there no fans in the stands going to Seattle will be easier to win now.

it will still be loud up there considering they pump in most of that noise anyways

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

Just a thought if there no fans in the stands going to Seattle will be easier to win now.

I just don't see how this season happens personally. Too many things go into a football game, home and away from a logistics standpoint. You have 55 players, coaches, training & equipment staffs. One person contracting the virus in that group of ppl, exposes everyone associated with the team in that capacity. You can't isolate players and staff...they're not going to sign off on being away from their families for 4 months. Its not the NBA where you buyout Disney World have them in their own little bubble just for the playoffs and Finals because their regular season was almost over. And even they aren't taking all of their assistants to the bubble for age and medical reasons. I just don't see how the NFL can pull this off. They will try their with all their might, no question. Just don't see how this happens at this point.

2 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I just don't see how this season happens personally. Too many things go into a football game, home and away from a logistics standpoint. You have 55 players, coaches, training & equipment staffs. One person contracting the virus in that group of ppl, exposes everyone associated with the team in that capacity. You can't isolate players and staff...they're not going to sign off on being away from their families for 4 months. Its not the NBA where you buyout Disney World have them in their own little bubble just for the playoffs and Finals because their regular season was almost over. And even they aren't taking all of their assistants to the bubble for age and medical reasons. I just don't see how the NFL can pull this off. They will try their with all their might, no question. Just don't see how this happens at this point.

Reading this made me think of the draft next year if there is no football. To be very clear, I want there to be football this fall, but how cool would it be if they just had a 32 team lottery since the season wasn't played and we got the 1st overall pick?

31 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Reading this made me think of the draft next year if there is no football. To be very clear, I want there to be football this fall, but how cool would it be if they just had a 32 team lottery since the season wasn't played and we got the 1st overall pick?

Who would you take if this happened and the draft was today? Do you take Trevor Lawrence? Do you roll with Jimmy G and take Sewell, Rousseau, Chase, or even someone like Patrick Surtain? If we didn't take Lawrence, then it seems like Sewell would be a safe pick, but can you imagine if Rousseau lived up to his potential? Bosa, Rousseau, Armstead, and Kinlaw? Yikes.

37 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Oh yeah I believe baseball and basketball end up shutting it down I don't see it playing out well for them which will cause the NFL to do the same.

24 minutes ago, struby3 said:

Who would you take if this happened and the draft was today? Do you take Trevor Lawrence? Do you roll with Jimmy G and take Sewell, Rousseau, Chase, or even someone like Patrick Surtain? If we didn't take Lawrence, then it seems like Sewell would be a safe pick, but can you imagine if Rousseau lived up to his potential? Bosa, Rousseau, Armstead, and Kinlaw? Yikes.

You take Lawrence and laugh at all the other teams. You don't pass up a potential franchise quarterback because you have a marginally competent one

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Chrissooner49er said:

That's all you see in Jimmy G?!? ¬¬

That's all he is right now. He's competent. He's in that middle tier of meh quarterbacks that can basically range anywhere from 13 - 20 which often results in purgatory. I'm not passing on an amazing opportunity to land a franchise quarterback for that. 

He may get better, may not. Personally I don't think that he's much better than that long term...he's good enough to win with, and that's enough for now. 

• Like 1