2020 NFL Combine Thread

goldfishwars

2 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

He had more than enough time to work out in the gym since he rarely actually played. At the most physical position in the game availability is the best ability. Well below average OL made themselves a nice long career by being available, sometimes playing through injuries.

Also Muti has very short arms even for IOL.

That said, good for him. Excellent player when healthy and you can definitely see the power in his game.

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Idk how important Bench Press is for WRs but Lambs was terrible compared to other WRs.

It's not that important. Maybe if you're a Brandon Marshall type. For Lamb/Hopkins type receivers, grip strength and body control is more important than total upper body strength. Also, for what it's worth, Christian McCaffrey posted an ABYSMAL bench press figure at the Combine, and he's improved in that regard drastically in the NFL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HoboRocket said:

It's not that important. Maybe if you're a Brandon Marshall type. For Lamb/Hopkins type receivers, grip strength and body control is more important than total upper body strength. Also, for what it's worth, Christian McCaffrey posted an ABYSMAL bench press figure at the Combine, and he's improved in that regard drastically in the NFL.

I always felt it was more of an indication of dedication to the gym. Who puts in the extra work? Who coasted by?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Damikeeeee said:

Can anyone give me their opinion(s) about TEs Albert Okwu Missouri, and Stephen Sullivan LSU?  Thanks!

All I know is that whoever drafts Sullivan should sign Garrett Gilbert to be their backup QB, if only for the preseason.  The sweet music those 2 would make together.

(Yeah, I went there.  Sue me).

• Like 2

Just now, Damikeeeee said:

Can anyone give me their opinion(s) about TEs Albert Okwu Missouri, and Stephen Sullivan LSU?  Thanks!

Albert O has had 1st round projections for three years. People finally cooled off on him later in the season because he's failed to really produce this year and was inconsistent before this year. His sophomore season was his best. That said, people have been drooling over his athleticism and potential since he was a prospect for the 2018 draft. He's produced at times and has the ability to be a vertical threat down the seam with the potential to become an above average blocker, as well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tredaddy said:

Sorry but you are 100% wrong here.  Comparing a 2020 draftee based on their high school SPARQ scores over what you see on film, not to mention also after spending 3-5 years in some of the most elite training facilities + programs the US has to offer, is absurd.  

There are plenty of examples of NFL players who have notably improved their SPARQ since high school.  Assuming Chase Young has poor athletic ability because he does not want to participate in the combine when he essentially has nothing to gain from doing so is just wrong.  

Like who?