Williams Asks for Extension or Trade

LoganF89

8 minutes ago, Umbaugh21 said:

Vikings never addressed LT tonight. It’s possible that we could get the Vikings second for Trent, would be good for both parties. 

No cap space, and there has been no confirmed story of a second round pick being offered by anyone.  The Redskins want second round value, and for any trade to work, they would likely need to take Riley Reiff in return (or the Vikings send him to someone else) 

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

I think we are stuck with him unless the season actually starts and a left tackle on a contender gets hurt in september.  Bummer.

Honestly that might be the best route right now.  It would be for a conditional pick, but that's the best route right now for the best value.  

Minny likely still has Trent for Minny 4th round pick on the table for y'all.

(Cap space will be created with cutting Reiff with post June 1 designation, and gaining additional $11M in cap. So they have the cap space to make it work.)

Edited by CriminalMind

5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Just tell him to suck it up play the season out and we'll take our 3rd round comp pick next year at this point.

Can only get a 5th via Comp for him

"The notion that the Redskins could keep Williams for the 2020 season - the last year on his current contract - and then recoup a third-round compensatory pick in 2022 has been rebuffed. Because of his accrued service time in the NFL, Williams would net the Redskins just a fifth-round pick via the NFL's compensatory draft pick system, in a provision called the Alan Faneca rule. "

1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

Minny likely still has Trent for Minny 4th round pick on the table for y'all.

(Cap space will be created with cutting Reiff with post June 1 designation, and gaining additional $11M in cap. So they have the cap space to make it work.)

I'll get crapped on for this, but if that happens, Skins should sign him to compete for the LT spot. We don't have anything else - including Christian. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

This has gone on for so long. There isn't a team in the league that can botch trade value for a player like the Redskins. It's just ridiculous this has happened to the same organization so many times.

It's a conspiracy against Snyder . The other owners hate him . I think we'll have to just cut him at this point . Time to move on ..!

Edited by RSkinGM

8 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Just tell him to suck it up play the season out and we'll take our 3rd round comp pick next year at this point.

I thought it was a 3rd rd comp as well but it’s not it’s a 5th rd comp since he’s a 10 year veteran. 

Edit: sorry didn’t see ovfd55 response. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF