Vikings cut CB Xavier Rhodes

49erurtaza

No surprise with that, he was poor this past season and not worth the contract. I would say that he is okay as a depth player now, but he's lost a step. Might turn into a solid safety is someone wanted to convert him, he has decent ball skills.

• Like 1

Rhodes sure went fast from All-Pro to average to just plain bad last season. That coupled with his huge contract that he wasn't playing up to + Vikings limited cap space amount ... 
Yeah it was an easy decision. He'll find work somewhere else for sure, probably on a prove-it deal. But I don't see his game aging well. Wouldn't take a flier on him. 
I feel L. Joseph is a more appealing option in FA (unless Vikings try to re-sign him for a cheaper contract?). 

41 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

These big corners don’t age well. It’s like they barely meet the athletic thresholds in their youth, and free fall when father time comes knocking.

Yeah, he's going to be a system guy from here on out if there's anything left. Someone mentioned it earlier, but the 49ers could make some sense given the scheme. The Chargers as well. They both utilize the actual cover 3 and zone schemes more than anyone else. If he's got anything left, it would show up in one of those type places. Buffalo (if they hadn't signed Norman) would probably work.