Rams release RB Todd Gurley (Page 7)

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Probably an overreaction, but man...

That happens in football, though.  Things change really fast for a lot of teams.  The thing about the Rams is, they realized they had a window to go for a championship and they actually had the guts to do it.  They signed some high priced FAs, made trades, etc to pursue a championship.  They made it to the Superbowl, but couldn't win it.  Now things are kind of imploding.  It happens like that to a lot of teams.

With all that said, the Rams are still good and will be fighting for a playoffs spot next year for sure.

• Like 4

Just now, jrry32 said:

Yeah, let's only post hot takes from credible people. Klassen is an idiot. Has been for years.

Fowler, Brockers, and NRC were already replaced. Gurley has sort of been replaced (we'll see what Henderson can do). Littleton is the only loss right now. We'll see what their plan is for him.

I assumed you had replacements. Doesn't mean they'll perform to the same level/better though. 

If you think they will, great. But from my perspective, I feel better.

2 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I still think Rams easily win 8 games. 

I am legit never buying a jersey again. I have basically ended 5 tenures between my favorite NBA and NFL team. I'm done.

Setting that aside - Gurley was not good last year, and from a production standpoint, I won't miss him. I also won't miss the incessant questions from the media about his health. IMO we'll still be competing for the NFC West.

• Like 4

Just now, .Buzz said:

I assumed you had replacements. Doesn't mean they'll perform to the same level/better though. 

If you think they will, great. But from my perspective, I feel better.

Fowler was replaced with Leonard Floyd. Brockers was replaced with A'Shawn Robinson. We drafted David Long last year. He'll step into NRC's role. IMO, he's a better talent. And Darrell Henderson will get first crack at replacing Gurley. Littleton is the only big loss at this stage.

2 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

I am legit never buying a jersey again. I have basically ended 5 tenures between my favorite NBA and NFL team. I'm done.

Setting that aside - Gurley was not good last year, and from a production standpoint, I won't miss him. I also won't miss the incessant questions from the media about his health. IMO we'll still be competing for the NFC West.

shirtseys are the way to go bro!

37 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

None of which is payable right now. The actual problem is the $7.55 million roster bonus that is looming.

That roster bonus is 100% guaranteed already. It guaranteed last year around this time. I told you a few months ago that those rolling guarantees of roster bonuses were a poor way to structure contracts. Its how the rams do things I guess because that is how all of their contracts are structured. Pretty foolish IMO. Whoever does your contracts is bad. 

18 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'm beyond confused. The only way this makes sense is if there's an attitude issue. It doesn't save us any cap room.

It can actually save you cap space if you designate his signing bonus as a post June 1 cut. So you could reduce the 12.6m signing bonus hit to 6.3m this year and 6.3m next year, then you still owe the 7.5m roster bonus, so his dead cap hit could be 13.8m, which saves you 3.5m in space compared to the 17.3m he was supposed to count against the cap

The Rams finished 9-7 last year with a running back, who quite frankly, was below average for the season. This years Rams aren't losing anything of substance compared to last year's Rams with this move. He wasn't good last year. 

I still expect them to win 10-11 games and be in the west hunt along with the 49ers. 

• Like 3