Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Worth noting that the doubling time is 52 days. Obviously, it's shortening, but that's 10-20x slower than what we saw in March. That said, it's still concerning. 

We're also just starting to see the results of everyone getting bored and deciding to open everything back up.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Whaddaya gonna do, burn me at the stake for translating the Bible from Latin?

Top notch historical reference.

Also, A Column of Fire is a great book.  If fiction centered around illegal bible translating is a thing that interests you.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

We're also just starting to see the results of everyone getting bored and deciding to open everything back up.

I think that's a big part of it.  Plus all the other political stuff going on right now, we've lost focus on it.

Sadly, i think it's going to take a larger spread everywhere to get everyone serious again.  Personally i know 2 people that have had it.  And one is thousands of miles from me.  I imagine lots of people are the same boat.  So if it's only something you hear on the news and never know anyone that catches it, what are the chances you're going to take it seriously?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, theJ said:

I think that's a big part of it.  Plus all the other political stuff going on right now, we've lost focus on it.

Sadly, i think it's going to take a larger spread everywhere to get everyone serious again.  Personally i know 2 people that have had it.  And one is thousands of miles from me.  I imagine lots of people are the same boat.  So if it's only something you hear on the news and never know anyone that catches it, what are the chances you're going to take it seriously?

I also think that the only way people are going to take it seriously is if it directly impacts them. Hopefully not at the cost of a loved one. You don’t need to be paranoid and take it to the opposite extreme. Just appropriately wear a mask and stop sharing conspiracy theory videos like Plandemic.

Edited by Xenos

11 minutes ago, theJ said:

Top notch historical reference.

Also, A Column of Fire is a great book.  If fiction centered around illegal bible translating is a thing that interests you.

Checks degrees:

History/Political Science

Education

Bible Minor

European History Minor

...Nope 😂 😉 

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Granted it's been a while since HS, but aren't there tons of restrictions on that? I thought you had to immediately consume it all right after (because we used to have a priest end up getting loaded once in a while if they overestimated the morning mass attendance). And I thought you had to use a specific supplier for the bread/juice, etc. etc.

Also, isn't this the pope's job? 

They are most likely not catholic.

Most of the bishops gave their diocese parishioners dispensations from receiving communion as a Sunday obligation during the pandemic. Instead there was a prayer for spiritual communion instituted.

while various churches are opening up now, most of those bishops still have the dispensation in place because of at risk parishioners and limits to seating in churches. 

for us, no communion from the cup right now and the priest and deacon go to you for communion when we are outside. They social distance one pew at a time inside. Each of them are assigned a person with a bottle of sanitizer who will dispense it as needed and will guide them around outside.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, theJ said:

Personally i know 2 people that have had it.  And one is thousands of miles from me. 

That's it?? Wow. I thought I was low knowing 9 people that have had it in my town of 50k. One of my wife's bridesmaids went into the hospital for a week w/ double pneumonia. If we weren't taking it seriously, we damn well would've been at the party they were all at a few nights before she started seeing symptoms (lost taste and smell). 5 people I know got it there. Only one other person went to the hospital and was discharged w/in 24 hours.

You are right though that no one gives a bleep any more about this thing for the most part. Everyone will develop their reasons for not caring and then justify them to no end so they don't feel bad for continuing to spread this damn thing. It's really annoying b/c of all the "work" I've done to be safe but whatever. I can only control me.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Xenos said:

And this is why we can’t have nice things. Put on a mask people 🤬

Put on a mask and wash your damn hands. Two super simple things that there are no good reason to not be doing.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

That's it?? Wow. I thought I was low knowing 9 people that have had it in my town of 50k. One of my wife's bridesmaids went into the hospital for a week w/ double pneumonia. If we weren't taking it seriously, we damn well would've been at the party they were all at a few nights before she started seeing symptoms (lost taste and smell). 5 people I know got it there. Only one other person went to the hospital and was discharged w/in 24 hours.

You are right though that no one gives a bleep any more about this thing for the most part. Everyone will develop their reasons for not caring and then justify them to no end so they don't feel bad for continuing to spread this damn thing. It's really annoying b/c of all the "work" I've done to be safe but whatever. I can only control me.

Well i guess technically one of the people i knew with is married, and her husband got it too.  But i don't know him :P

At current, there are 2.3M cases in the US.  With a population of 330M, that's 1 out of 143 people.  You knowing 9 might be high, depending on the area you're in.

6 minutes ago, theJ said:

Well i guess technically one of the people i knew with is married, and her husband got it too.  But i don't know him :P

At current, there are 2.3M cases in the US.  With a population of 330M, that's 1 out of 143 people.  You knowing 9 might be high, depending on the area you're in.

Yeah I guess I never really thought of the numbers lol. I live in midwest Ohio, about 20-30 minutes from any major city. I get on FB and see all my friends NGAF so I guess I can't be surprised. My wife and I are in good enough shape and health where it would probably be nothing to us if we haven't already had it but me and my damn conscious won't allow me to do anything to potentially harm other people especially elderly members of our family. 

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I’ll absolutely pitch this idea at our deacon meeting Sunday! Thanks!

How much risk is there if everyone sanitizers their hands before hand? They say there isn't much risk of passing it on through food.  Obviously I'm not talking about sharing the wine cup

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

I also think that the only way people are going to take it seriously is if it directly impacts them. Hopefully not at the cost of a loved one. You don’t need to be paranoid and take it to the opposite extreme. Just appropriately wear a mask and stop sharing conspiracy theory videos like Plandemic.

I don't know about that.

A rallygoer sans mask: “We had a friend who died from Covid, and his son was on a ventilator, he almost died. So we know it’s real, but then at the same time you don’t know what the facts are, you feel like maybe one side plays it one way and the other side plays it another.”

5 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

How much risk is there if everyone sanitizers their hands before hand? They say there isn't much risk of passing it on through food.  Obviously I'm not talking about sharing the wine cup

We have foot pump hand sanitizer stations. I’d say the risk is still way too high.