Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

27 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Forgot to post this as well from a couple days ago:

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.06.21.162396v1

Abstract

COVID-19, the disease caused by SARS-CoV-2, was declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization (WHO) in March 2020. While awaiting a vaccine, several antivirals are being used to manage the disease with limited success. To expand this arsenal, we screened 4 compound libraries: a United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved drug library, an angiotensin converting enzyme-2 (ACE2) targeted compound library, a flavonoid compound library as well as a natural product library. Of the 121 compounds identified with activity against SARS-CoV-2, 7 were shortlisted for validation. We show for the first time that the active form of Vitamin D, calcitriol, exhibits significant potent activity against SARS-CoV-2. This finding paves the way for consideration of host-directed therapies for ring prophylaxis of contacts of SARS-CoV-2 patients

This is the weirdest goddamn virus man.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This is the weirdest goddamn virus man.

Oh did you think that was it?? You ready?......................

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acsomega.0c00772

".... The results suggest that the garlic essential oil is a valuable natural antivirus source, which contributes to preventing the invasion of coronavirus into the human body..."

BRB getting my garlic flavored milk.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

The Bay Area is actually doing well. Just the OC and any other place that’s disregarding the mask orders.

They might be referring to things pre-covid such as literally shhh on the streets and needles among other things I've read about.

2 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

They might be referring to things pre-covid such as literally shhh on the streets and needles among other things I've read about.

I’ve been to 49/50 states (one day Alaska, one day) and I can tell you with complete certainty homelessness and drug use isn’t unique to California.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Oh did you think that was it?? You ready?......................

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acsomega.0c00772

".... The results suggest that the garlic essential oil is a valuable natural antivirus source, which contributes to preventing the invasion of coronavirus into the human body..."

BRB getting my garlic flavored milk.

careful bringing that into here. 

Just need to eat lots of garlic bread with your milk

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’ve been to 49/50 states (one day Alaska, one day) and I can tell you with complete certainty homelessness and drug use isn’t unique to California.

Log off and go to Alaska. Beautiful area and I can’t wait to go back. I’ve been three times for work and I love it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingseanjohn said:

Log off and go to Alaska. Beautiful area and I can’t wait to go back. I’ve been three times for work and I love it. 

Lol bro, it ain’t from a lack of desire.

4 plane tickets, hotel, park excursions, etc ain’t cheap.

Its on my list though, hopefully in 2-3 years (waiting until my youngest is a little older so hopefully he remembers more of it).

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Xenos said:

This is all BOB’s fault.

But seriously, does that county go back under lockdown?

It doesn't look like it - they're made masks mandatory, but that's the extent of it.

I have friends and family in the medical field here in Houston, and they are all ranting about the lack of action. This is going to get very ugly - Texas Children's Hospital here has started to admit adults in an effort to manage ICU beds in the city.

This is not going well at all...